Show me your watches. :)

Viper22

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
My 3y/o got hold of my Seiko and dropped it face down on the bathroom tile. One of the sub-dial hands popped off. With having to send it out for repair (est. 2wk turnaround) and having to fly out to Chicago next week for business, I needed a back-up.

Orient Ray II

A66E5653-BBCA-421A-87D3-3DE659FE5582.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My daily driver is a 1998 Swiss Army Cavalry Chronos, decided to get the Bulova Marine Star for more dressy occasions. It was almost half price on Amazon as compared to the Bulova website.
The Swiss Army needs a bit of a tune-up, the last time I had the battery replaced, after it had been dead for a while, the technician didn't properly position the hour hand (they're both set to the correct time in the photo). I also have an Ironman and a Samsung Geat Fit2 for recreational use.

Attachments

dans

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have never been a Rolex fan. I prefer Breitling. I have 4 of them. I finally saw a Rolex that I like. Unfortunately, it $12K used. Never going to happen.

I think my next watch will be a Suunto. Not sure which one, but I have a need for GPS at work so I think that will be one of the features I look for.

Rolex day date green.jpg

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My daily driver is a 1998 Swiss Army Cavalry Chronos, decided to get the Bulova Marine Star for more dressy occasions. It was almost half price on Amazon as compared to the Bulova website.
The Swiss Army needs a bit of a tune-up, the last time I had the battery replaced, after it had been dead for a while, the technician didn't properly position the hour hand (they're both set to the correct time in the photo). I also have an Ironman and a Samsung Geat Fit2 for recreational use.
That would drive me crazy.

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Deep Blue is back on with their 40% off sale (Code is: PRES ). If you are looking to dip your toes into a dive watch, you get a lot of watch for short $$

I think the NATO line is solid value for $150 (after the discount). You get a nice fat signed crown, solid water resistance, and a great movement (NH36) which is essentially a Seiko hacking/winding movement. The lume does leave a bit to be desired with brightness in my opinion.

Last edited:

Executive

NES Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
A few of these look an awful lot like the Seiko SKX, a well known low cost "first" automatic dive watch with a great reputation for reliability and lots of available aftermarket mods.

Chris
Yup. I have both. I think the Deep Blue is a great option for about $100 cheaper (SKX prices seem wayyy high right now) and it has a bit more 'polish' in my opinion.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Deep Blue is back on with their 40% off sale (Code is: PRES ). If you are looking to dip your toes into a dive watch, you get a lot of watch for short $$

I think the NATO line is solid value for $150 (after the discount). You get a nice fat signed crown, solid water resistance, and a great movement (NH36) which is essentially a Seiko hacking/winding movement. The lume does leave a bit to be desired with brightness in my opinion.

How do these compare the Orient Mako? I've been wearing mine daily for almost 8 years and have looking for a replacement since it's losing time and I keep breaking spring bars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these compare the Orient Mako? I've been wearing mine daily for almost 8 years and have looking for a replacement since it's losing time and I keep breaking spring bars.
Deep Blue uses Miyota, Seiko and Sellita movements some of which are just basic movements but provide good timekeeping. I assume all their watches are assembled in China so Deep Blue isn't much of a watch manufacturer but Customer service is excellent. Orient's movements are in-house movements better quality and serviceable for the long term. Orient are true watchmakers so that's what you are paying for and the Japanese should not be considered lesser than the Swiss but they are.

Comparing Orient to Deep Blue is like comparing Rolex to Timex.

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Nothing fancy like some of you, but this belonged to my late grandfather, so it has some serious sentimental value to me. I'll never wear it or sell it. He bought it in '93, and the receipt is still in the case. Tissot Stylist.IMG_2522.jpeg

I'm looking to buy a Tissot as my EDC so that I'll remember him whenever I look down.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing fancy like some of you, but this belonged to my late grandfather, so it has some serious sentimental value to me. I'll never wear it or sell it. He bought it in '93, and the receipt is still in the case. Tissot Stylist.View attachment 331813

I'm looking to buy a Tissot as my EDC so that I'll remember him whenever I look down.
Sometimes sentimental value is worth more than monetary value similar to self worth so enjoy the Tissot Evadd!

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Got my Tissot in the mail yesterday - couturier chronograph automatic. Super happy with it. Great heft and it's absolutely beautiful. These crappy pics do it no justice. The thing shimmers. Tons of light reflection off the metal bevels and markers in the face. Love the fact that it reminds me of my late grandfather. I may end up wearing his Tissot on rare dress-up occasions, but this one is my EDC.IMG_2582.jpegIMG_2591.jpeg

Top Bottom