Show me your HK

nujyruba.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

how long have you been working on that? Are you bending and welding the receiver yourself?

I started collecting the parts early last year. Not only did I bend that receiver, I learned how to weld closing the seam. Only problem is I was drinking while trying to weld for the first time and closed it up too tight. When I went for the bolt drop it get stuck, hard, and then I drunk hulk smashed the shit out of it trying to "massage" it into shape. My dear friend shadyduck rescued it from my rage and helped me get it back to the proper shape. I head spaced the barrel in the trunnion and drilled for the barrel pin, I just need to pin it, weld it into the receiver, weld the cocking tube and rear sight, then assemble the rest of the bits. Gonna stick to Bud Light Saturday, too much to get done to get silly.

I really jump in feet first and learn on the fly with expensive projects. Wait until I really get into my HK53 pistol build this summer, that one will likely be much more painful since I will be heavily modifying the receiver and cocking ram. It will be a bad ass computer bag gun though.

I didn't know there was so much interest. Here's the modified SA trigger pack. Not difficult to do, but time consuming. Measure three times, drill and cut once. The cut out at the front is where the FA sear was - I folded over and welded the basket, the right way. Had to relocate the sear spring pin, modify the spring, remove and add new trigger stops, do some other origami, but I am pretty happy with it. I also ended up clipping and pinnging the polymer lower - again, the right way - cosmetically it looks like a normal two pin lower, but there is no place for a FA sear to go. Takes more time, but looks better.

6286B4C8-42B5-4000-A7AD-6F9ACD8993C0_zpszzqc8pvc.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know there was so much interest. Here's the modified SA trigger pack. Not difficult to do, but time consuming. Measure three times, drill and cut once. The cut out at the front is where the FA sear was - I folded over and welded the basket, the right way. Had to relocate the sear spring pin, modify the spring, remove and add new trigger stops, do some other origami, but I am pretty happy with it. I also ended up clipping and pinnging the polymer lower - again, the right way - cosmetically it looks like a normal two pin lower, but there is no place for a FA sear to go. Takes more time, but looks better.

6286B4C8-42B5-4000-A7AD-6F9ACD8993C0_zpszzqc8pvc.jpg

Or get drunk and wonder over to robertrtg.com and spend a ton of money on a drop in FCG like I did. In hindsight, I should have just done this.

Thanks Bud!

I am hoping to do all the finish grinding and painting this weekend. I wound up on a fire call after dinner last night, so I didn't get to go any further with it.

Painting it will marginally decrease the badassedness. Gold plating it will significantly increase badassedness. Choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom