• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your Garand, M1A, Carbine.

Standard Products M1 Carbine:

94-100_1498.jpg

And an Iver Johnson MMJ-5.7 (shoots a .22 spitfire round)

89-100_1487.jpg

One of my Garands. It's a 1944 Springfield, CMP Service Grade purchased a few years ago. It's sporting an original 1907 sling and an American Fork & Hoe bayonet. The bayonet was just purchased from NES member Palladin. Thanks, Joe[smile]

44m11.jpg

44m1.jpg

102_1025.jpg

102_1024.jpg

right out of the box from CMP Springfield Service Grade...........2nd one on order got my DBU from CMP halloween. Tossed the Idea of a M1 carbine, but I am stretched to the limit on ammo diversity.

Last edited:
Two Secretary of the Navy Trophy M1's.

Rebarreled in .308 with match grade barrels and new triggers, all work done by the USMC team armorers.

Top one was won in 1996 as Rifle Match winner western divison championships.

Bottom one was won in 1995 as High Pistol Tyro western division championships.
//
Wicked nice.

713970882_UT9jN-XL.jpg

Most of what I have at the moment.
Closest is a June 1944 SA that is as close to period correct as I can get it.
Second rifle is a late H&R with the bare spot on the barrel.
The middle rifle is a Danish Naval rifle with VAR barrel and Wenig stock set, fitted by DGR and then coated with Tru Oil.
Fourth rifle is a Mossberg 44US 22
Carbine is an NPM with all the late war upgrades.

I have another H&R Garand and a Winchester Carbine I'm working on. And sold or traded six others. This barely moves the meter on jouster.com.

Last edited:
this seems kind of inappropriate now, given all the nice M1's, but the thread started with a SOCOM16, so i guess i shouldn't feel too tacky-

P1010007.jpg

I had them all out today:

Top to bottom:
Norinco M14 Sporter in a USGI fiberglass stock.
Smith Enterprise M14NM in a McMillan
Correct H&R
Correct 1944 Springfield
Standard Products Carbine
DSC00054.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00056.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Plainfield M1 Carbine (AKA Veronica)

DSC00201.jpg

M1 Garand (AKA Betsy)

DSCF0080.jpg

I also have the correct bayonet for Betsy which has a strange story attached to it. Some 29 years ago, my best friend gave me a gift of a bayonet. It was given as a knife, not as an accessory to the M1 - I didn't even GET the M1 until 07 or so. Lo and behold, when started looking into what bayonet a 1953 M1 would take, I discovered that I had it already. My friend had given it to me a quarter of a century before! [shocked]

I could swear we had one of these threads already. Anyway, I don't own a Garand and I need to rectify that. I do own something with a lot of John Garand influence though.

m1a_1.jpg

m1a_2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom