• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your AR

Here is one of mine and below another.

100_2254.jpg

What's the deal with that grip? Never seen that before. Is it to skirt AWB?

Its to be able to own a detachable mag build AR15 in California.

IE be in compliance with whats called SB23 out here.
http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.php

This item on the lower that replaces where a pistol grip would be is called a Monster Man Grip.
http://www.monstermangrip.com/
BTW The muzzle device is not a Flash Hider.

Just like you guys we have a lot of hoops to jump through to keep our RTKABA.

We aren't required to have a Licence to purchase or own a std rifle yet but we do have handgun registration and have had it since 1990 or so.

We have 3 major items when it comes to an AWB (1) Roberti Roos, (2) Kasler list, (3) SB23 compliance.

12276. As used in this chapter, "assault weapon" shall mean the following designated semiautomatic firearms:
(a) All of the following specified rifles:
(1) All AK series including, but not limited to, the models identified as follows:
(A) Made in China AK, AKM, AKS, AK47, AK47S, 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.
(B) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.
(C) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47.
(D) MAADI AK47 and ARM.
(2) UZI and Galil.
(3) Beretta AR-70.
(4) CETME Sporter.
(5) Colt AR-15 series.
(6) Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR110 C.
(7) Fabrique Nationale FAL, LAR, FNC, 308 Match, and Sporter.
(8) MAS 223.
(9) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, and HK-PSG-1
(10) The following MAC types:
(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.
(B) SWD Incorporated M11.
(11) SKS with detachable magazine.
(12) SIG AMT, PE-57, SG 550, and SG 551.
(13) Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48.
(14) Sterling MK-6.
(15) Steyer AUG.
(16) Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78S.
(17) Armalite AR-180.
(18) Bushmaster Assault Rifle.
(19) Calico M-900.
(20) J&R ENG M-68.
(21) Weaver Arms Nighthawk.
(b) All of the following specified pistols:
(1) UZI.
(2) Encom MP-9 and MP-45.
(3) The following MAC types:
(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.
(B) SWD Incorporated M-11.
(C) Advance Armament Inc. M-11.
(D) Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11.
(4) Intratec TEC-9.
(5) Sites Spectre.
(6) Sterling MK-7.
(7) Calico M-950.
(8) Bushmaster Pistol.
(c) All of the following specified shotguns:
(1) Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12.
(2) Striker 12.
(3) The Streetsweeper type S/S Inc. SS/12.
(d) Any firearm declared by the court pursuant to Section 12276.5 to be an assault weapon that is specified as an assault weapon in a list promulgated pursuant to Section 12276.5.
(e) The term "series" includes all other models that are only variations, with minor differences, of those models listed in subdivision (a), regardless of the manufacturer.
(f) This section is declaratory of existing law, as amended, and a clarification of the law and the Legislature's intent which bans the weapons enumerated in this section, the weapons included in the list promulgated by the Attorney General pursuant to Section 12276.5, and any other models which are only variations of those weapons with minor differences, regardless of the manufacturer. The Legislature has defined assault weapons as the types, series, and models listed in this section because it was the most effective way to identify and restrict a specific class of semiautomatic weapons.

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

What's the deal with that grip? Never seen that before. Is it to skirt AWB?

Last edited:
12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

yikes. [thinking] Sorry to hear that...

Just arrived today...

- Spikes Tactical 22lr upper.

- Surefire M73 rail.

- Permanently attached fake can.

- Ace Entry Stock.

- YHM flip rear sight.

- Aimpoint CompM2 with ARMS spacer and quick release mount.

- RRA lower with 2-Stage trigger.

22ar.jpg

Please give us a review on that spikes upper when you get some time in on it! I'm thinking about picking one up.

Here's an updated picture of my EBR.

ARnew.jpg

Added the G27 grip and Magpul trigger guard
Ordered a sling and mount for it today.

Updated photos

I added some items on to my Bushy I picked up at Four Seasons.

Updated photos of my Bushy M4.

Aimpoint CompC3 with LaRue base
Troy Folding BUIS
LaRue Forward Grip
Midwest Industries Handguard Rail
Loading handle with Badger Gen I Latch

M4011OK.jpg

M4016aimpoint.jpg

Added a few items

My other Bushy.

Bushy AR15 20" barrel

Troy Flip-up BUIS
Barska Red Dot Sight
Command Arms Vertical Forend Grip
Midwest Industries Handguard Rail
Loading handle with Badger Gen II Latch
Streamlight TLR-1

AR15Rifle005.jpg

AR15Rifle011.jpg

Last edited:
Big time!

I have the 3x on my Colt Pre-Ban and I'm getting the MPO for one my AR builds.

Thing is Billy Bad-Ass, but you've gotta have the flip-to-the-side mount for maximum kickassedness. [smile]

I think this is the one I saw at the military shoot in mansfield. What kind of $$ are we talking for the eotec, magnifier and flip to the side mount?

I think this is the one I saw at the military shoot in mansfield. What kind of $$ are we talking for the eotec, magnifier and flip to the side mount?

Nice set-up, but expensive...

http://www.swfa.com/c-1185-eotech-magnifiers.aspx

http://www.swfa.com/c-624-eotech-military-holosights.aspx

Edit to add... Midway USA price with my C&R discount for the 3x magnifier with filip mount... $452.99

For the least expensive sights, the savings is $10.00 - $30.00 less than SWFAs listed price.

Last edited:
I guess I won't be getting a setup like that any time soon as I no longer have that kind of spendable cash.

Sweet. I've been looking to get a slick side bolt carrier for my SP1, (later SP1 bolt carriers had the forward assist notches even though there was no forward assist) but it's been cost prohibitive to this point.

Did you have the lower refinished? Sharp rifle!

Thanks! - Cleaned it up with mineral spirits, filled in the engravings with Testor's Enamel and then reoiled.

Wow what a difference. What kind of barrel is that?

Looks nice.

It's a Noveske Upper - 16.1 Recon w/ VIS, they use Barrels from Pac-Nor. Love their stuff.

http://www.noveskerifleworks.com/

Big time!

I have the 3x on my Colt Pre-Ban and I'm getting the MPO for one my AR builds.

Thing is Billy Bad-Ass, but you've gotta have the flip-to-the-side mount for maximum kickassedness. [smile]

LOL - here ya go... [smile]

IMG_3135.jpg

I just finished my pre-ban project built on a Colt Sporter lower. The upper is from Larue Tactical. Optics are an Aimpoint COMPM4 and 3x magnifier with Larue flip mount. The last photo is of my PVS14 night vision monocular mounted behind the Aimpoint (not particularly practical for civilian life, but very fun).

ar1.jpg
ar2.jpg
ar3.jpg

Last edited:
Economist... that is SWEET. I have an Eagle Arms pre-ban stripped lower that's waiting for me to save up funds so I can build it up.

Again... nice job on the build... and nice photos!

Economist- Is that the "Stealth" upper they're selling? I've been salivating over one of those for awhile.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom