Show me your AK

SKS Ray

NES Member
A thread long over due!

All AK types including Saigas, Romaks, etc. even you polymer stock fans... If its based on Kalashnikov design, show em' off here.

100_0732-1.jpg

RomanianDragunov.jpg

100_0648.jpg

100_0543.jpg

RomiAK.jpg

NewSaiga1.jpg

Here's my WASR-10 that I picked up a few months ago. Actually just got back this evening from having some fun with it at Riverside.

WASR.jpg

Nice grain on that stock. Have you put any kind of finish on it? If not, its a perfect candidate for some cleaning and polyurethane.
I have a source for the hard to find Romanian green canvas slings too if you're interested.

Nice grain on that stock. Have you put any kind of finish on it? If not, its a perfect candidate for some cleaning and polyurethane.

That's a picture from when I first got it. I have since done exactly what you suggest, cleaned the stock up and put some poly on it. I should get a new picture of it...

Milsurps said:
I have a source for the hard to find Romanian green canvas slings too if you're interested.

Yes, please, let me know what you've found!

Here are a trio of the rifles I have procured over the last few years of the 308caliber the AK variant in the center a Galil 308 ARM imported by a company called Magnum Research.

On the left is a FN 308 aka the FN 50.63 a 1976 vintage and on the right is the 1974 HK 41 predecessor to the HK 91. These 3 rifles are all preban and

Rifles3Van.jpg

Not to be left out my latest FAL Build a DSA Stainless steel carbine.
DSAFAL.jpg

ETA: the latest build just came back from the smith.
attachment.php

This barrel started as a 21 inch, it was modified to a 18 inch and threaded for a FN combination device flash hider.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSA SS Para FAL.jpg
    DSA SS Para FAL.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSA SS Para FAL barrels.jpg
    DSA SS Para FAL barrels.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,296
Last edited:
OK, you got me to finally take some pictures.

Early ARMCo import.
IMG_0590.jpg

and in anticipation of your next "show me your..." post...
IMG_0599.jpg

[smile]

Last edited:
I'm thinning out the herd, but here is some of the current collection

VEPR II in .223 with 30-round painted bakelite magazine and PSO 8x42V scope from Tantal (http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/default.html)
vepriileftrear.jpg

MAK90 with milled receiver and slanted muzzle brake
milledMAK-90Left.jpg

NHM-91 with 75-round drum magazine
NHM-91B.jpg

Hungarian SA85m with 20-round tanker mags; the second one was customized with a stock set from Ironwood Designs (http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/2aprod/1products.html) and a replacement gas tube optics mount from http://www.ultimak.com/. I should point out that sufficient US-made parts were added to the gun to make it legal to convert from thumbhole stock to pistol grip in compliance with 922(r) regulations.
SA85m1.jpg

These next two will soon have new owners...
Stamped receiver MAK90 converted to a "black rifle" using a Choate Dragunov stock
Rightprofile.jpg

Another NHM-91, unfired NIB with all original accessories
nhm91insidebox2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom