Show me your AK

Where did you see that? I only saw molot vepr added to the list. Nothing about wolf ammo.

Same.

https://www.treasury.gov/press-center/press-releases/Pages/sm0114.aspx

Designations Related to Officials of the Russian Government and Sanctions Evasion
Today’s action also targets six individuals and entities pursuant to E.O. 13661, which authorizes sanctions on, among others, any individual or entity that is owned or controlled by, or that has provided material or other support to, persons operating in the arms or related materiel sector in the Russian Federation, and officials of the Government of the Russian Federation.

Molot-Oruzhie, OOO manufactures ordnance and accessories and is located in the Russian Federation. In 2016, previously-designated Kalashnikov Concern advised a foreign company to use Molot-Oruzhie, OOO to falsify invoices in order to circumvent U.S. and EU sanctions. Molot-Oruzhie is being designated for operating in the arms or related material sector of the Russian Federation and for acting or purporting to act for on behalf of, directly or indirectly, Kalashnikov Concern.

Sorry guys I posted that around 6am on the way to work after I saw it on my iPhone google homepage then went to AKfiles to check it out. I read it quickly and guys were all over it talking about Wolf ammo as well as the Vepr. I posted it here thinking I might give some people a heads up. I know the Wolf is from Ukraine so it might be false news on my part. Apologies if so

original-974f6ec9774bf8e46303678456bd819f.jpg

300yd gong ringer.

Tq5ppMC.jpg

I was at the 200/300 yard range at HSC a few years ago and a few guys showed up with one of these. They were selling it but I wasn't looking to add to my collection at the time (I wish I did)

Anyways...hit the 200 yard pad first shot with iron sights. It was surprisingly accurate.

Ed, did you build that or did you shoot and beat the shit out of it? Looks very battleworn, I’ve got thousands of rounds through one of my AK’s and it still looks fairly new

Ed, did you build that or did you shoot and beat the shit out of it? Looks very battleworn, I’ve got thousands of rounds through one of my AK’s and it still looks fairly new

I built that rifle out of a Bulgarian kit with a wicked Jager hangover at the first NES AK build party some years ago. Everyone said to paint it, but I said meh and shot a tin of 7N6 through it in the rain without cleaning it, and let it sit in my closet for like 3 years. When I finally took it out the action was pretty well stuck closed and it almost gave me tetanus, I had to hit the charging handle with a hammer to get it to open, rust had built up in the gas block. After getting it apart, I couldn't get it back together so I put the BCG and rifle muzzle down in a 5 gallon bucket of old diesel and motor oil for like a month and it went back together. Shot a few mags of "clean" Wolf ammo through it and it was good as new, so it went back in the closet. Last year I decided to take a carbine class with it and took all the wood off and installed the fagpul gear and ultimak/red dot. Snack's tried to fag shame me into painting it, but I think it looks pretty gnarly with the fagpul grey furniture and my custom patina finish. Anyway, I showed up to the class and the rifle ran like a champ for ~750 rounds in the rain on a sandy range and it was surprisingly accurate. It really is my favorite rifle.

I really wish the trumpster would make 7N6 cheap again.

Nice, I like the gray. I was thinking about the gray Zhukov folder but I am doing surplus bakelite forend probably, so it would likely look weird.

Nice, I like the gray. I was thinking about the gray Zhukov folder but I am doing surplus bakelite forend probably, so it would likely look weird.

I love the Magpul stuff, they really dialed in the ergos as best as they could with these rifles. The side folder is awesome because the damn rifle feels like it is 9 feet long at times, so I folded it a lot while I let it hang to do things like load mags and dress the target line, or taking a knee for a few minutes.

New to me Saiga in 7.62.
I swapped out the fixed stock for a Magpul Zhukov, and swapped on some East German surplus handguards.
Soviet bakelite mag.
I'm pleased with the results.
upload_2018-2-18_19-33-45.png
upload_2018-2-18_19-34-11.png

Back
Top Bottom