• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your AK

It is a nice fit. In fact, there are two U-shaped clamps to the barrel (hidden by the lower hand guard) that reduce movement of the barrel and seem to increase accuracy. Here are some pics of a Trijicon Tripower mounted.
AKTrijleft1.jpg

AKleft2.jpg

ARTrijcowitnessrear.jpg

After and before

I recently reconfigured my rifle, replacing the pistol grip and optics (JPoint red dot). Much more streamlined and comfortable to shoot.

SA-85mreconfigured.jpg

opplanet-jp-rifles-jpoint4.png

BTW, this is the way the gun looked when I first got it:

2nd_SA-85m_3.jpg

Last edited:
Mack,
Those are nice! That Ironwood stock set is beautiful!
My NHM 90 looks just like your before picture. As soon as I stop buying them I've got to get going on some changes. Is that original finish is on that? I'll be adding Ironwood to that one also.

My Saiga-12, Russian lady with an attitude. Loads of fun.

100_0013-1.jpg

Check out this woman shooting my Saiga 12

[video]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000235039106&v=app_2392950137&ref=profile#!/video/video.php?v=101817906502710[/video]

Last edited:
This thread is to awesome to just let it dwindle away. Here is a WASR10 i picked up about 8 months ago. The wood on it was a little rough so i replaced it with some blackness. Not only is it an upgrade from the horrible wood that came with it but the hand guards don't get hot enough to BBQ on.
PictureID_21.jpg

I got the wood verison, it actually cost me more and the sales guy was trying to get me to get the black. I am going to stain the wood and see how it looks, something about the stained wood grain appeals to me and I normally dont like that style. If it doesnt come out as good as I hope I'll be switching to the plastic like yours.

The handgaurd does get pretty warm, I thought it was just me.

I got the wood verison, it actually cost me more and the sales guy was trying to get me to get the black. I am going to stain the wood and see how it looks, something about the stained wood grain appeals to me and I normally dont like that style. If it doesnt come out as good as I hope I'll be switching to the plastic like yours.

The handgaurd does get pretty warm, I thought it was just me.

+1, I like the look of the wood, it just sucks that they ship it unstained. I'm probably going to do the same at some point, but I'm going to stay with wood regardless of the results. Here's a pic of my brother shooting mine:
75664_1502775414783_1396168431_31330819_632095_n.jpg

Last edited:
+1, I like the look of the wood, it just sucks that they ship it unstained. I'm probably going to do the same at some point, but I'm going to stay with wood regardless of the results. Here's a pic of my brother shooting mine:
75664_1502775414783_1396168431_31330819_632095_n.jpg

The wood on your riffle actually looks good. The pattern on mine did not look as good. If i was you i would probably stay with the wood. Maybe some time down the line ill get another and get nice wooden furniture for it.

ditto. hory sheet

is that an early type 56-S3? If it doesn't have the import "billboards" on it, no "norinco" or anything like that on the receiver, and only has a import mark on the barrel, you have a very rare rifle indeed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom