Shoulder (Rotator cuff? anyone had surgery?). I need a good doctor..

Dr Michael Brown, UMass sports medicine....Hanneman Campus.
I'm humpty dumpty and have a bad relationship with gravity, he has put me together several times, AWESOME DR!!!!!

rotator cuff
torn Labrum
both knees (meniscusses)
forearm tendon rupture

this list is endless......

Tom Gill. Had torn rotator and a frozen shoulder .

Just before they put me under he asked if I had any requests ( think he meant music). I asked him for a golf swing where I could hit a fade. 5 months later my slice became a fade.

I just had major shoulder surgery last Tuesday by DeAngelis in Worcester, in the UMass / Memorial group. You don't want to travel too far but that guy would be worth anyone's ride, best shoulder surgeon in Central MA.
Take your PT very seriously ! Be prepared to sleep in a recliner for a few weeks... good luck !!

I live Lynnfield/Peabody/Lynn lines...and my Hospital Group is Lahey (Peabody)

Title hopefully says it all .. Never had shoulder surgery but now I might, so I'm seeking a good doctor, versus getting referred to "basically anyone" by my (Tufts) insurance or Lahey doctor referral (basically a roll of the dice)...
My primary care doctor just retired and kind of left his patients in the care of Tufts and Lahey

Anyone had rotator cuff done and recommend a surgeon? Thanks in advance
Make sure whoever you go to has done LOTS of shoulder surgery....practice makes perfect. Depending on what you do for a living, expect a 1 to 2 year timeframe before it feels perfect again. By that I mean, you will probably be fully recovered and able to heavy work in 6-9 months...but, takes quite a while to not have any pain or discomfort. Dr Arun Ramappa @ BI Sports Medicine is widely recognized....did a great job on me.

Does anyone have any experience with Mass General orthos? I had a cervical fusion 4 years ago by Dr. Chris Bono at Brighams. Very very pleased, but he has moved to MGH, still Partners Health Care. I need a shoulder replacement within the next year, I think. The doc at Brighams (shoulder specs) has moved to Fla. My local guy told me 5 years ago the clock is ticking, and I feel it is close to a "tock"..

Two MGH docs that I have come across are Price and Holovacs. Anyone know of them? All of the names mentioned so far are not in any of the Boston hospitals.

bernie

2 words. Bovine patch. Look into it if you want a much less painful and quicker recovery. I can recommend a good dr in the area if you're interested. It's the latest greatest.

Make sure whoever you go to has done LOTS of shoulder surgery....practice makes perfect. Depending on what you do for a living, expect a 1 to 2 year timeframe before it feels perfect again. By that I mean, you will probably be fully recovered and able to heavy work in 6-9 months...but, takes quite a while to not have any pain or discomfort. Dr Arun Ramappa @ BI Sports Medicine is widely recognized....did a great job on me.
6 to 9 months? I hate hearing that! My right shoulder needs work but if I take off two weeks from working out my body turns to shit. In 9 months I'll look like a GI Joe that someone left too close to a wood stove. Can you at least do push ups after a couple of weeks?

6 to 9 months? I hate hearing that! My right shoulder needs work but if I take off two weeks from working out my body turns to shit. In 9 months I'll look like a GI Joe that someone left too close to a wood stove. Can you at least do push ups after a couple of weeks?

I hurt mine rock climbing, 6 months after surgery I could reach up and scratch my head comfortably. Was back rock climbig in about a year - but had regressed years of development. Took quite a while to get even close to climbing the routes I used to do easily. No shortcuts.

Dr. J.P. Warner Boston Shoulder Institute @ Mass General he repaired a fractured shoulder for me. Operated on me twice once to fix it and the second time to take the screws and wire out, it's been about ten years still good as new.

You aren't going to be sleeping in a bed for 4-6 weeks....Dr told me to not lift anything heavier than a cup of coffee, or a beer, for 3 months. No fast way around it if needing rotator cuff, bicep re-attach, etc. Do something you aren't supposed to....do over.

so, op, you opened the can of worms. as expected, dozens of different replies claiming their doc is the best, how you gonna pick one? put the names in a hat and draw one? [popcorn]

2DE750CE-61F4-4729-A24D-315FE1DCE5AE.jpeg
Ya if you’re into incredible pain.:D

These guys will make the spare parts they replace into a pen for ya!

Back
Top Bottom