• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shoulder Holsters? New Alessi vs Skip Ritchie?

It's pretty simple. Horizontal vs Vertical? Alessi vs Skip? I heard Alessi has suffered a bit since Lou died, and the snap that secures the trigger guard sketches me out. The only other option I am considering is Andrew's Leather. Both the Springbreak (vert) and the Monarch ('zontal) look great.

I've been AGONIZING forever now. Galco doesn't make Miami Classic IIs or vertical rigs for any of my S&Ws.

Give me the good, the bad, the ugly.

Open carry would be so much easier...

Last edited:
Or the holy grail, Del Fatti double shoulder holster for J-frames. Honestly, they're so pretty that I haven't even worn it them once.

DSC_0109_sm.jpg

DSC_0110_sm.jpg

DSC_0111_sm.jpg

Only thing I can really contribute is: call Galco and ask. IIRC they made someone in Internetland a F.L.E.T.C.H. out of alligator for his 12mm Gyrojet, so I'm sure they could whip you up something for your Smiths.

I love my Miami Classic, only wear it when I'm also wearing my Ray Ban Wayfarers. Working on the Ferrari next....

Love Miami Vice. Wish I had a Bren-Ten in brushed chrome with walnut grips.

I'll have to contact them about making one for my 39-2. Is your's comfortable? What kind of harness do you have? The Miami Classic, the Miami Classic II, or the even-wider SSH harness? I want maximum comfort.

I have a feeling I'm going to end up buying a few different brands.

I'll have to contact them about making one for my 39-2. Is your's comfortable? What kind of harness do you have? The Miami Classic, the Miami Classic II, or the even-wider SSH harness? I want maximum comfort.

the classic II harness is wider on the shoulder. i just replaced the harness on mine with II and i like it even more.

You and me both brother. Last Bren Ten I saw for sale was $2,700 :( oh well.

I have the Miami Classic, tan, and I love it. It's very comfortable. I wear mine a bit higher up than normal, next to my biceps vs. near the elbows, but to each his own. They're VERY durable and concealable, and when you take your jacket off people compliment you on it.

I'm not sure how much the gun you want to carry weighs. I carry an M&P 40 with 2 10-round mags on the other side. I feel the weight on my shoulders after a long day, but it's not painful, more of a slight soreness. But I'd suppose you'll get that with almost any shoulder system....

the classic II harness is wider on the shoulder. i just replaced the harness on mine with II and i like it even more.

Good to know. I am debating between that and the SSH harness, which is even wider. How does the plastic piece that holds harness together feel? I've heard complaints about it riding up on the neck.

WallHack, the piece I intend on carrying is my S&W 39-2. Aluminum frame, so it's only 4 oz heavier than your M&P. I wish it were all-steel, but whatever. Those ones are PRICEY.

I know it may sound like sacrilege, but I plan on stripping it down and refinishing it to match the bead blasted look of the top of the slide. It's a dark matte grey that has on old military look to it. Otherwise, I will be wearing a piece that is gloss black on the frame, purple on the sides of the slide and controls, and dark matte grey on top. It looks bad.

Oh, and I'll definitely be going for the tan with the vertical magazine carrier. Their tan is a very nice shade.

Galco won't do a one-off Miami Classic for my 39-2. LAME. Looks like a Skip Ritchie for me. That Alessi design with the snap in front of the trigger is scary.

Yes, and I've looked at them all. Unfortunately, he doesn't make them for a S&W 39 and I think I'd prefer a vertical rig. I don't like the idea of a barrel pointing behind me. My friend was bent over at the range a few months ago and his Glock was staring at my eyes from his horizontal rig.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom