• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should You Be Allowed To Carry A Gun To Church?

OF COURSE! Why NOT!? What is the obsession with all of these 'gun free zones' crap etc.

It doesn't matter where you are, there is no difference. Anyway concealed is concealed. Would someone somehow summon the anti-christ from the 3rd dimension if they had a concealed weapon on them while worshiping?!?

There is such a rare and narrow set of places where nobody should carry (inside a jail/prison, inside a secure mental ward, etc.). Doesn't apply to most any of us.

I lived in Georgia for 9 years and had a Georgia Firearms License, which was for concealed carry only. That was the only reason you needed a license.

On the back of the license it states; Deadly weapons at public gatherings A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound , firearm. or knife designed for the purpose of offense or defense. public gathering shall include but not limited to athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies, publicly owned buildings, or establishments where alcohol beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.

So there you have it not sure if that is current, I've been back in MA for 6 years.

I lived in Georgia for 9 years and had a Georgia Firearms License, which was for concealed carry only. That was the only reason you needed a license.

On the back of the license it states; Deadly weapons at public gatherings A person is guilty of a misdemeanor when he carries to or while at a public gathering any explosive compound , firearm. or knife designed for the purpose of offense or defense. public gathering shall include but not limited to athletic or sporting events, churches or church functions, political rallies, publicly owned buildings, or establishments where alcohol beverages are sold for consumption on the premises.

So there you have it not sure if that is current, I've been back in MA for 6 years.

Man, that 'include but not limited to' line could be applied to pretty much anything. It sounds like you are allowed to carry only if you are sure to be by yourself.

yes you should who is to say that a new crusade wont start up and if it does dont you wanna be ready to go and not be that guy whos all like o man i left my colt at the house brb maybe its just me [wink]

It should be up to individual churches to decide. Even if they are against it, they won't know since it's CONCEALED carry. Unless they have metal detectors at the doors, and if that's the case you go to a different church.

Back
Top Bottom