Should there be a 79% Tax on Bacon???

white feather

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
View: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46122227

"Researchers say a meat tax could cut consumption of processed meat by about two portions per week in high-income countries.

In the UK, the study suggests a tax of 14% on red meat and 79% on processed meat."

Of course much like an income tax, if you don't work, you don't pay income tax. So... if you don't eat bacon, you don't pay the tax. o_O

RHJJ

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They are wrong about nearly everything. If they claim bacon is unhealthy, then I'm eating more of it to help my health.
People have been eating bacon for years and living a long time. I wonder the long term effect of the healthy crap some call food.

fencer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wait.. they are going about this all wrong. They should send a pound of free bacon a month to welfare recipients. It would likely delay the collapse of social security.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Wait.. they are going about this all wrong. They should send a pound of free bacon a month to welfare recipients. It would likely delay the collapse of social security.
That would be cruel. How would they cook it? They would need to send the pre cooked microwave kind.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Remember, almost all nutritional epidemiology is irreproducible and shady. Don't believe any of it, like "bacon causes cancer."

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
It's the UK, so let them tax more shit to penalize more people. Sadly, since they've been disarmed (and emasculated) for many years, they won't do anything about it.

IMO, taxing food is just wrong. Even if it's processed crap it shouldn't be up to the .gov to tax it so that you can't afford it anymore. If someone wants it from time to time, then go for it. If they want to eat it every day, well, they have state medical care so WGAF??

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
View: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-46122227

"Researchers say a meat tax could cut consumption of processed meat by about two portions per week in high-income countries.

In the UK, the study suggests a tax of 14% on red meat and 79% on processed meat."

Of course much like an income tax, if you don't work, you don't pay income tax. So... if you don't eat bacon, you don't pay the tax. o_O
Yes there should be a 79% tax on bacon, but only in the middle east.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It would delay a lot of the English welfare recipients....

Mountain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yes, they should implement the bacon tax here in the USA. Why? Because that will be the final straw to trigger 'go time!'

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
Socialized medicine. This is what happens. When the .gov owns your healthcare they can tell you what you can and can’t eat.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
In a perfect religious vacuum. I'm not supposed to eat it on Friday either.
When it is Friday here, remember... there is likely another time zone that is not Friday. So, you're good to go.

You can also switch to the lunar calendar... that's actually what the Jews in old testament days were using. The sabbath wasn't on Sunday (or Saturday if you find a 7th day adventist to have a mind numbingly stupid argument with), as there was no 7 day week until thousands of years later, and it was created by pagans anyway. It was based on the moon, so it could be 3:17pm and suddenly the sabbath would begin. So, if you think it is Friday, there's actually only a 1 in 7 chance it's Friday on the lunar calendar. Or something.

Think outside the box. Bacon is too important.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
To all: I know many of them eat bacon. A Jewish friend of mine literally drank a shot glass of bacon grease to prove that Jews can eat bacon.
This. It's like The Pirate Code, more guidelines really. If you don't have two complete kitchens in your house you're LARPing anyway.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
was at the 99 restaurant. Wife ordered a steak sandwich with bacon. She is eating it, but taking off the bacon and putting it on her plate. I say "you do not like your bacon?". She says "No. Do YOU WANT IT?"......:):):):):):):):):):):):)

Top Bottom