• Keep the .45acp, small size with a big bullet

Votes: 57 85.1%
  • The .40 is the way to go even though it is bigger

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters

Boghog1

NES Member
I have a chance to trade my SA XD 45c for a SA XD(m) .40

I would like to get a more affordable round to fire but I really like the compact size of the 45c

What would you do?

I am another for the keep the .45 and start reloading. Its an easy caliber to do so and it will just increase your ability to shoot more often or shoot for less.

Keep the .45 and get a .22lr. The ammo cost between .45 and .40 is minimal to none. But a .22lr will save your ammo cost and cost minimal for whole day plinking.

Per my pic, I have an XD45 full size and a Kahr K40 compact. Like 'em both! The ammo differential is minimal, and they are both either easy or hard to find on any given day. Notwithstanding other people and their "issues" with .40's I happen to like mine, and have yet to have a failure, and the .40 is my carry gun, so my money is where my mouth is. When attire permits, I carry the .45 because the bullets are bigger:)

Given the choice, I'd go for option "C" and keep the .45 and buy a .40 too:)

But there's a .460, which is 0.000 bigger than a .46 [smile].

I'll one up your one upmanship, sir. [smile][smile]
50BMGpistol.jpg

Leave the .40

Take the canoli.

Sorry, I don't really have any suggestion for the OP other than I would personally go with the .45.
I own one gun chambered in .40 and I don't carry it very often. I bought it as an alternative to the full size 1911 for carry in the cold months. I still carry the 1911 more often because the ability to conceal either is not really affected in layered winter clothing. So 9 rounds of .45 vs. 7 rounds of .40 is the main decider. (not counting spare mags)

Back
Top Bottom