• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

should i have a glock slide mos cut, or

@C. Stockwell, it's just gonna be a range toy. I do have several glocks to spare so I bought a couple frames and mated a gen 2 g17 & 19 slide to them so I could hang a light. why I didn't use any of my 3's or 4's already with rails is another post. so I bought 2 new Swenson slides to top the now useless gen 2 frames. wish I bought them pre cut now, unfortunately....yeah, so now just experimenting, no real purpose at this point. play time.

batteries, don't even know what size they use in these mos optics but the red dots on my rifles are lasting years. I expect this to do the same. I'm intrigued with holosun and their solar products. if they make what i'm looking for I would investigate that more unless I started seeing negative reviews.

@C. Stockwell, it's just gonna be a range toy. I do have several glocks to spare so I bought a couple frames and mated a gen 2 g17 & 19 slide to them so I could hang a light. why I didn't use any of my 3's or 4's already with rails is another post. so I bought 2 new Swenson slides to top the now useless gen 2 frames. wish I bought them pre cut now, unfortunately....yeah, so now just experimenting, no real purpose at this point. play time.

batteries, don't even know what size they use in these mos optics but the red dots on my rifles are lasting years. I expect this to do the same. I'm intrigued with holosun and their solar products. if they make what i'm looking for I would investigate that more unless I started seeing negative reviews.

For range toy purposes, go with a Holosun that uses CR2032 batteries. CR2032s last for years, so you won't have to worry about the battery going dead on the range as long as you change the battery once every year or five.

For range toy purposes, go with a Holosun that uses CR2032 batteries. CR2032s last for years, so you won't have to worry about the battery going dead on the range as long as you change the battery once every year or five.

I've got Trijicon SROs on two of my "range toys", a G34 and a G31. I don't trust them as much as I trust my RMR, the RMR seems much more durable - but the SROs are incredibly easy to pick up the dot and they haven't failed me yet.

As for the slide cut, someone mentioned C&H Precision. They're local to me, about 15 minutes up the road - and they milled both of my slides, plus one I dropped off for a friend. I've quite happy with the work they've done for me. I was surprised to find out that they're known nationally; I heard about them at a local match - Beau shoots USPSA with us sometimes.

And if you want someone "here" who will do a slide cut for an optic. Dave Santurri in North Attleboro does them. He did mine and turn around time was just a couple of days.

Last edited:
thanks, got some ideas. I've got no experience with this.. when I picked up the slide I wish I got the one cut...but hindsight, you know.

we're gonna need to talk again about the optic. anyone want to jump in and tell me what you all are using?
You can get a factory slide cut for about $150 to a specific red dot. So that's hands down the cheapest AND most effective mounting method for that product.

As far as different red dots, I typically only use Trijicon RMRs and DeltapointPro though it seems to be far more RMR. I am getting more exposure to a RomeoOne Pro currently and like it well enough. If you're near central/western Massachusetts you're more than welcome to join me at Springfield Sportsman's club (with your own ammo ;)) and try out multiple products.
Edit to saying just saw the range toy comment. Yeah, then I would also include most of the Holosuns as being fine. But don't currently own one for you to try.

Back
Top Bottom