• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I get one?

Should I get a MG license?

• Hell yes, what are you waiting for?

Votes: 60 93.8%
  • No, you're crazy to even think about it.

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
if you seem pretty sure he will give it to you and not reject you then definately fill that application out and send it on....

If I new I could get one I would do it. My town won't issue one as far as i know and I'm not willing to be the experiment.

I don't care that I can't afford auto's I would get the license if I could.

I have a motorcycle license and I don't have a bike....been that way for years...

No kidding... my town will barely issue un restricted LTCs... If I knew I could get a MG lic... I would get it simply because I could.

And the bottom line is... get it now... you never know when that will change and you'll have no shot at on.

At least if you already have one... there is no reason to deny you renewal (but then again, this is MA)

Fullsize Vector Uzi is about $6500-$7500... You should of bought all the machine guns you could afford 4-5 years ago, as they would be worth a large fortune now!

--EasyD

Please... I can get one off of Tony down on Main street for about 1G...

You know that guy with the van? Best part is... he'll even take you out to some sand pits to try before you buy and he doesn't hassel you with paperwork or even bug you for your license.

What are Vector Uzis going for nowadays?

I recall that they were reasonably priced, but that was at least 4-5 years ago.

I just sold an unfired new in the box Vector Uzi for $7500.00 Four years ago they were $2650.00+$200 fed tax each.....so I bought seven of them.[smile]

Down-side the BTAF can visit you at any time and you must open your door and invite them in to look around.
Down-side what is required by the town CLEO for security of your home will you need an alarm system with central angency calling, will you need bars on your windows or what kind of vaut will be required? Have you checked this out? It is different from city to city and and set by the CLEO.

Down-side the BTAF can visit you at any time and you must open your door and invite them in to look around

A buddy of mine was applying for his, got to that point on the application and said "wtf?"

He asked the COP about it and his Chief (that told him he would sign it no problem) said that is BTAF, not the local PD and they have no say in that part.

He handed him back the form and said, "No thanks"

At least if you already have one... there is no reason to deny you renewal (but then again, this is MA)

Sorry to say but nothing is further from the truth!

EACH renewal is treated as if it were a new application. You CAN be denied at any time. This will usually happen when a new chief takes "power" or if an incident happened in your town/city that led to a "change in policy" (e.g. must remain "PC" at all times).

But you "can't take it to the bank" that you may not get denied because you already had one and it's "only a renewal"!

A buddy of mine was applying for his, got to that point on the application and said "wtf?"

He asked the COP about it and his Chief (that told him he would sign it no problem) said that is BTAF, not the local PD and they have no say in that part.

He handed him back the form and said, "No thanks"

This is complete and utter BULLSHIT. Getting a MG or a license does NOT give up your rights to protection from unreasonable search.

Not at all, not even close. That this is still floating around on the 'net and that people buy it, REALLY gets me pissed off.

ATF, and only ATF, can demand to see proof (a approved form), that your MG is registered. Thats it... No "Hey, you have a MG, we want to look around your house..."

--EasyD

Stupid question of the week. I've looked and haven't really found a direct answer.

Can you carry on a MG license?

Stupid question of the week. I've looked and haven't really found a direct answer.

Can you carry on a MG license?

No and you can't possess a handgun or long gun with it either. You need both permits for that.

MG usage in MA is SEVERELY restricted . . . better read the MGLs on it.

Down-side the BTAF can visit you at any time and you must open your door and invite them in to look around.

This is not true. The BATF can schedule a visit, but if refused then a 500.00 fine will be assessed. Said fine will be assessed for each refusal. The BATF can't/won't do a 2am "inspection". I asked this very question to the NFA examiner when my paperwork was in WV.

ummm, no they don't

ATF can't demand to inspect title 2 weapons anymore they can demand to inspect title 1 weapons; they would need a search warrant. I don't know why this rumor persists. The story about being fined for not cooperating is just silly (where did you get that one from???). I have been a cl 3 owner for 15 years and a title 2 manufacturer for 10 years. You don't have to give up any rights to own cl 3. Hell, a C&R is more invasive in regards to inspections (and you can bring the weapons to ATF if you choose to deny access to your house) jim

Back
Top Bottom