• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Should I buy

Swamp Rat

NES Member
I am looking at buying Cetme 308. I have googled and get it is a 50/50 chance of getting a good one. Can anyone here give me any input?

Thank you

I had one, I had to do some work on the inside of the receiver so it would function ok. (stamped receiver century gun) It was mostly a matter of cleaning up the mess that was not cleaned out when it was assembled by century. luckily the bolt was not ground, ( it is a hack way to get it to headspace) and some burrs in the inside. once I did that it ran fine. google for the issues they can have and check to make sure the example you are looking at does not have them.
If you are not willing to do a little work on it then pass. (any century Arms gun has that possibility btw.) It is a heavy recoiling rifle for a semi auto. (m1a is less felt recoil for example) I would buy one if the price was right but I am an advanced hobbyist gunsmith.

Last edited:
i have reloaded about 500 rounds of brass after being fired through my CETME. It doesn't look pretty but it functions just fine.

so you're aware of the effect of the fluted barrel in the G3 and Cetme on the brass and trying to reload it......right ?

Why not look at a FAL sporter, or the brand new CMP Garand in 308.....

No I did not know that. I should maybe think about going with the Garand

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom