• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shots just miss children asleep

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V28851DBC

WORCESTER— Donna Arabia’s two children slept peacefully on the couch early yesterday morning. They didn’t know a bullet had just whizzed within a few feet of their heads until their mother’s screams woke them up.

Ms. Arabia, of 19 County St., said she heard three gunshots around 3 a.m. She stopped doing her laundry and ran upstairs to the living room.

A bullet had pierced the aluminum window frame, popped out a piece of the blinds, zoomed over her sleeping children’s heads and lodged in the wall.

“I said ‘Oh my goodness.’ I screamed and yelled to their father and took them into another room,” she said. Her daughter, who turned 4 years old yesterday, was running around the living room. “I said, ‘someone is shooting out there,’ ” Ms. Arabia said.

Birthday balloons were still in the kitchen yesterday afternoon. The bullet hole in the window frame had been covered with clear tape and paper.

Ms. Arabia pointed to a wall and said the bullet was still lodged in it. Her 8-year-old son, tuckered out from the early morning commotion, was asleep on the same couch.

Ms. Arabia said the incident rattled her, and she wanted to know what happened.

Police said a 25-year-old man living a street away shot a .40-caliber gun off in the early morning. Erron L. Combs, of 21 Valmor St., was allegedly drunk and upset when he fired six shots randomly, police said.

Police spokesman Sgt. Gary J. Quitadamo said there are no indications the family was a target of the gunfire.

“They were not sure what it was. They actually thought someone was trying to break into their house,” Sgt. Quitadamo said.

Officers traced the trajectory of the bullet that ended up in the County Street home. They followed a path right to Mr. Combs’ backyard, the sergeant said.

Six spent .40-caliber bullet casings were found in the yard, and targets were found inside a car, police said.

Police checked the car’s registration, found Mr. Combs’ name and confirmed that he had a firearms license, police said.

Officers knocked on the door of the Valmor Street home and saw movement inside, but had to wait about seven minutes before Mr. Combs came to the door, Sgt. Quitadamo said.

Mr. Combs said he had a gun, and police found it in a bedroom-area closet on top of a towel rack, police said. Police confiscated the gun.

Mr. Combs was arrested and charged with discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, assault with a dangerous weapon, carrying a firearm while under the influence of alcohol and malicious destruction of property worth more than $250.

Another man in the house was also arrested on motor vehicle warrants, Sgt. Quitadamo said.

Thank you, Erron L. Combs.

Aresehole.gif
[more obscenity directed at this brain-dead waste of an LTC deleted by myself]

Last edited:
They should put him in a room and have someone else fire six shots at random in his general direction.

"Police checked the car’s registration, found Mr. Combs’ name and confirmed that he had a firearms license, police said."

"Had" is the correct tense. No more LTC for this clown.

JT

What a peckerhead.

Sure the cops ran the plate, found out who owned the car, checked his BOP, for warrants and did a check for the LTC/FID.
A REG check WILL NOT return anything about FID/LTC.

I really wish that boy didn't have an LTC. Makes the rest of us look bad, and plays into the notion that that's what we're all really like anyway... [frown]

Back
Top Bottom