Shots fired in Haverhill last night? Anyone hear that?

So I thought i was crazy when i woke up to the sound of a gunshot last night around 10pm. The dogs went bananas and then I heard sirens hauling ass a minute later. The sirens came from afar, then moved out in the distance. So, -in my delusional sleepiness- looked outside, saw nothing and then laid back down. My girlfriend heard it too but I had thought that since I was at the range earlier that in my sleep I heard a gunshot but in reality it was a report from some firework. I dismissed it and went back to sleep.

Fast forward a few hours to 3:30AM. I get up and my girlfriend woke up and told me she heard ~10 more shots fired. They started close by and then sounded like they got farther away. Again, I thought maybe she was mistaking it with fireworks and I went downstairs to get ready.

But, as I started to move towards the front of the house, I realized our living room was lit the **** up. I open the drapes and saw this spotlight coming from a street over. Thought my neighbor had his light cannon blasting on top of his truck but it was a cruiser flooding the streets on both sides with the rooftop spotlights. I got in my car to head to work and saw more cruisers on the Aves with spotlights. Obviously, they were looking out for movement.

This was on the Aves towards 9th, 10th, 11th... Wanted to know if anyone else heard anything last night.

- - - Updated - - -

20130910_043010.jpg

That was the cruiser from my house...

My "Go Time" texts are on silent [wink]

I used to live on Central St in Haverhill so I had heard a couple unexplained gunshots over the years there. I mean, my neighbors next door got raided by some thugs looking to steal their dope. I just never saw cops literally posted up everywhere afterwards. No heli last night either... to my knowledge. If someone shoots someone they deploy it all. When that other shooting happened at that drug house over a year ago (where that kid Billy was shot boohoo blah blah blah), there were helicopters searching for the kid. Cops were patrolling, sidewalks taped off.

To my observation driving by this morning, it was just cops sitting; watching.

I bet some thugabees had a handgun and decided to drive around popping shots from their car at nothing in particular. Sirens=coincidence and I got into the paint thinner again....

Last edited:
My "Go Time" texts are on silent [wink]

I used to live on Central St in Haverhill so I had heard a couple unexplained gunshots over the years there. I mean, my neighbors next door got raided by some thugs looking to steal their dope. I just never saw cops literally posted up everywhere afterwards. No heli last night either... to my knowledge. If someone shoots someone they deploy it all. When that other shooting happened at that drug house over a year ago (where that kid Billy was shot boohoo blah blah blah), there were helicopters searching for the kid. Cops were patrolling, sidewalks taped off.

To my observation driving by this morning, it was just cops sitting; watching.

I bet some thugabees had a handgun and decided to drive around popping shots from their car at nothing in particular. Sirens=coincidence and I got into the paint thinner again....

WERE YOU PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION AND THROW ITEMS AT AN ACTIVE SHOOTER?

#3 in attached Haverhill Police instructions for an active shooter (actually from DHS):

"3. TAKE ACTION
• As a last resort and only when
your life is in imminent danger.
• Attempt to incapacitate the active
shooter
• Act with physical aggression and
throw items at the active shooter
"

"CALL 911 WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO"

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/active_shooter_poster.pdf

I did not hear them myself, of course I was in bed already listening to the Monday Night Football broadcast and snoozing in and out.

Ill throw lead haha

I had to watch some DHS video on active shooters at my work. RUN HIDE FIGHT.

it basically said if you cant run or hide: fight. Little more reassuring than WHISTLE COWER PISS videos im used to.

My friend's family lives right by there, I wonder if they heard anything.

i can throw items at an active shooter if necessary.

today i can throw seven hornady critical defense .380s.

any other day it's between 16 and 18 speer gold dot rounds of 9mm.

Those rounds are just for throwing as you fight your way back to your rifle caliber rounds. You know the old saying: Silent souls leave .308 bruises.

Back
Top Bottom