Shots fired at Muhammed art exibit

Jsfitzgerald85

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
any the liberals are having a field day with this. Saying what do you expect when you antagonize radicals, etc. Funny i dont see them defending Christianity when everyone and their mother finds it funny to make jokes about it

NHAtHeart

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If every encounter with ISIS on US Soil ended like this they're going to have a real hard time making headway over here. 2 guys, injure 1 guard in the ankle, both end up dead.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my opinion, if you want to call yourself a free speech advocate down in Texas you should make an exhibit that offends Christians, not Muslims. see how far you get with that exhibit, see how many people will support you.

I have nothing against Christians BTW. Just wanted to espouse a more objective viewpoint on what would be a fairer test for Free Speech in that particular area of the country.

Bible Says "love thy neighbor".

P.S.

Terrorists got what they had coming & Best Twitter Quote of the Day:
The would-be terrorists in Garland fell for one of the classic blunders: Never assume that you’ve outgunned an art show in Texas.

Last edited:

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
my opinion, if you want to call yourself a free speech advocate down in Texas you should make an exhibit that offends Christians, not Muslims. see how far you get with that exhibit, see how many people will support you.

I have nothing against Christians BTW. Just wanted to espouse a more objective viewpoint on what would be a fairer test for Free Speech in that particular area of the country.

What's the body count on Poss Christ, the Life of Brian, South Park, the Book of Mormon, The film Dogma, and every joke or comedy about Jews since forever?

Point made?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

P.S.

Terrorists got what they had coming & Best Twitter Quote of the Day:
Love that quote of the day.
Piers Morgan said a person with a gun has never stopped a mass murder. Strange

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Love that quote of the day.
Piers Morgan said a person with a gun has never stopped a mass murder. Strange
This wasn't going to be a mass murder. These chaps were just attending an art show and one of them had an ND that ricocheted. Then the gun-crazy right-wing Texans shot them both for no reason. Duh!

Hetzer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
In 1987, the national endowment for the arts funded "Piss Christ", which was a photograph of a crucifix in a jar of urine, which went on display in an art gallery amid an outcry from Christians and even some politicians. People were outraged but no one tried to murder innocent people over it. Protesters destroyed the original (or maybe a copy?) of the picture on Palm Sunday in 2011 but it had been publicly exhibited for 24 years before that happened and has been exhibited since. The Associated Press was selling online copies of the image up until the Charlie Hebdo attacks, without the artists's permission.

No doubt, the same people who were screaming about freedom of speech and how Christians should be tolerant are the same ones taking a 180 degree stance on the subject now.

For anyone who's never heard of it, I won't post a picture here but here's some links:

Wikipedia link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ

AP selling it
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/will-andres-serrano-sue-over-theft-of-piss-christ-copyright-220601

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Very telling that the brit media is censoring the pics. Exactly. What. Terrorists. Want.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A couple random thoughts:

An unarmed security guard isn't - he's a bystander/observer.

What is keeping ISIS from the rest of the lower 48? Nothing. Don't get me wrong, we should have mohammed drawing contests in every state. Texas equates in ones mind to the southern border/Mexico = 'It couldn't happen here' is a recurring theme for millions of dead around the world.

Just waiting to see what 0bama says about it (if anything) and how long it takes him to blame the event.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I'm wondering if the gunmen had watched too much television, and thought that their car would stop bullets. Never been to an NES car shoot I suppose.

Garys

NES Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Did they deploy Seal Team Six?
No, they used the Garland ISD school police, but only because the lunch lady was busy.

Having been to an event where Geert Wilders spoke, I can tell you that security is very tight. He's under constant and quite serious threat of death. Pam Geller isn't as high profile a target, but she is a target.

Apparently, the cops in Texas took the threat quite seriously.

The dead guys had AK47s from news reports. It would be very interesting if either of them were traced back to Fast and Furious.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
any the liberals are having a field day with this. Saying what do you expect when you antagonize radicals, etc. Funny i dont see them defending Christianity when everyone and their mother finds it funny to make jokes about it
If you really want to piss those types of people off, then ask them if they'll throw the same support behind someone who bombs an abortion clinic or refuses to provide their services to a same-sex wedding.

wahsben

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yup, some people try to equate the 2A with authorizing murder just like some try to label people that defend themselves as vigilantes.
The 2A is about defense of ones life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

How some people's minds work

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Do you really think the reaction would be a couple of Christians coming in to shoot the place up?

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
How can it be a mis-tweet? He claims that the 2A gives you the right to murder people, it does not, it gives you the right to keep from being murdered.

* 'gives' is a bad word - the right is inherent it the 2A merely puts it down on paper.

Vapant statements from from a 'celebrity', pay no more attention than the Kardashians thoughts on the ideal home life.

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I had to go check out his page, seemed odd he would make a statement like that. He is claiming it was a mis speak.

View attachment 136266

View attachment 136267

View attachment 136268
His explanation makes about as much sense as his original statement did. Perhaps he's not familiar with the first amendment, or how we expect people to react to being offended in the civilized world.

Maybe he should stick to making public statements that are related to golf.

Top Bottom