Shotgun toe-resters...ouch!

Never shot organized. But GOSH. I thought those things extended BEYOND the foot. Even then I thought it was stupid. Put a key-fob on your foot and think you're golden????? Talk about stupid.

Some of you guys are real nice with the safety stuff.
My dad was simple. Mess up the basic safety rules and he would pack our stuff up and bench us. My jr rifle coach was just as stern especially with the booger hook.

Good luck with people only keeping muzzles up. LOL.

Not sure why it's such a problem. I was training 6 kids last night 14-16 year olds in the youth pheasant program. We went around the skeet range horseshoe, and every time I looked back to check the kids in line, their muzzles were up or in a safe direction. Not sure why this is so hard to do, the kids can still text and keep muzzle control.

Not sure why it's such a problem. I was training 6 kids last night 14-16 year olds in the youth pheasant program. We went around the skeet range horseshoe, and every time I looked back to check the kids in line, their muzzles were up or in a safe direction. Not sure why this is so hard to do, the kids can still text and keep muzzle control.

I was always taught to keep my firearm pointed to the ground, as "what goes up must come down". I've also never done trap or skeet on a range with people around.

I was always taught to keep my firearm pointed to the ground, as "what goes up must come down". I've also never done trap or skeet on a range with people around.
Trap= shotgun = lead shot = lots of tiny pellets. Down equals shrapnel wounds to everyone around you. Up equals a little lead pellet sprinkling a hundred yards or so away.

I’ve never seen somebody do this with a pump or semi-would be stupid as hell.
Bullshit. If you ever shot skeet or trap you would know it's perfectly safe. You never load you gun until it's your turn to shoot and your action is open until then. So in trap you stand on your station with a round in the action but not chambered and the action open. When you hear the report of the gun next to you, you raise your gun, close the action call your bird and fire. You then clear the empty and drop a new shell in and wait with the action open. In skeet your gun is unloaded and open until it's your turn and then you step into the station and load your gun and shoot your birds and then step out with an empty open gun.

The only way this happens is if you leave your gun closed.

Bullshit. If you ever shot skeet or trap you would know it's perfectly safe. You never load you gun until it's your turn to shoot and your action is open until then. So in trap you stand on your station with a round in the action but not chambered and the action open. When you hear the report of the gun next to you, you raise your gun, close the action call your bird and fire. You then clear the empty and drop a new shell in and wait with the action open. In skeet your gun is unloaded and open until it's your turn and then you step into the station and load your gun and shoot your birds and then step out with an empty open gun.

The only way this happens is if you leave your gun closed.

I shoot trap a lot. I know how it works. I generally shoot with a pump or semi. I’d never rest it on my toe. You’re allowed to disagree.

To be fair, if you aren’t able to figure out if your firearm is or isn’t loaded you definitely shouldn’t be resting it on your foot. For those who do possess the ability to check and see that it’s unloaded, it’s non issue.

Back
Top Bottom