Shotgun stock work in or near Southern NH

I live on the Seacoast and have a new to me competition shotgun that I require some extra length on. I need to have a 1/2” stock extension added, which will need some fitting. I tried calling Bud Barrett (local stock fitter) but haven’t been able to reach him. Are there any other good smiths locally that specialize in this kind of work? I don’t want a hack job. It’s a good looking gun. If need be I will mail the receiver toColes in Maine, But they are pricy for that stuff.
Thanks in advance.

Id be looking here first:

https://kickeezproducts.com/recoil-pads/spacers/

or there are some manufacturers that make "thick" pads

How thick is the factory Blaser pad?

Agreed. That is what I would want, but those are grind-to-fit. So I was looking for someone who would do a good job. I will measure the recoil pad, but I know i wouldn’t want it much larger. Big recoil pads always seem to catch on my clothing on the mount. That is what I like about spacers.

Coles in Maine
Ken rucker- bump buster
Rustblue smith
Or for a great road trip
Joel Echen guns

Lunker, I just has an adjustable butt pad installed and the job was perfect. I have a premium gun and couldn't be happier with the work. Rustblue is good and has done repair work for me and did a great job. The person who did my stock work is in Woburn which is a little closer, here is his email. [email protected] (Peter)

Marshal Steinbeck he is in western mass. He has installed adjustable comes and but plates in several of my guns. He is excellent phone number is 413-537-5797

I think his prices are good

Back
Top Bottom