• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun Primers for sale!

I made a visit to a local Gun Shop in Belchertown yesterday and saw a box of Shotgun primers. They were ten in each zip
-loc bag. I started laughing, and was told that people who reload only need 8-10 shells when hunting. I shook my head and left. Has the primer shortage made people insane?

It pretty much has I got a text like every 2 or 3 weeks asking me if I know where this primer that primer can be found. I have not seen a single box of 209s since the beginning of rona bs.

I made a visit to a local Gun Shop in Belchertown yesterday and saw a box of Shotgun primers. They were ten in each zip
-loc bag. I started laughing, and was told that people who reload only need 8-10 shells when hunting. I shook my head and left. Has the primer shortage made people insane?
Probably for muzzle loaders. And yes.....if you hunt muzzle loader season 10 primers is more than enough. I'm down to my last pack of 100 209s and I'm not worried......that's like 8 years worth.

Probably for muzzle loaders. And yes.....if you hunt muzzle loader season 10 primers is more than enough. I'm down to my last pack of 100 209s and I'm not worried......that's like 8 years worth.
This is very true. If you dont shoot it at the range, shooting 100 rounds with a muzzle loader is A LOT.

I take my muskets to the range once in a while, and a 20 shot day is a lot. LOL.

This is very true. If you dont shoot it at the range, shooting 100 rounds with a muzzle loader is A LOT.

I take my muskets to the range once in a while, and a 20 shot day is a lot. LOL.
I shoot about 5 to check zero pre season. Then 2 or 3 to fill my tags.

Last edited:

Yes.

A round of skeet is 25.

🤣 Broccoli Iglesias
@Broccoli Iglesias posts a HaHa-class upvote,
but it's just to lull you into a false sense of security.

Anyone who brags about having primers at home in this thread
can expect to hear their dog bark late one night...
...is that the Cruciferous Cat Burglar...?

Will his sidekick, the Boy Radish, be holding the ladder
as he searches the second floor for an unlocked casement?

These are the questions you will be asking yourself as you stare at the ceiling;
desperate for the sleep that will never come...

@Broccoli Iglesias posts a HaHa-class upvote,
but it's just to lull you into a false sense of security.

Anyone who brags about having primers at home in this thread
can expect to hear their dog bark late one night...
...is that the Cruciferous Cat Burglar...?

Will his sidekick, the Boy Radish, be holding the ladder
as he searches the second floor for an unlocked casement?

These are the questions you will be asking yourself as you stare at the ceiling;
desperate for the sleep that will never come...
I have no idea what you just said. None at all

It pretty much has I got a text like every 2 or 3 weeks asking me if I know where this primer that primer can be found. I have not seen a single box of 209s since the beginning of rona bs.
I think they are all being used for shells pretty much. As shotgun shells are slightly less scarce.......than the primers.

Back
Top Bottom