• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun deer season

not monday i have a paper due, and when i go in the woods i have a problem with not leaving in time to make it to class. [smile]

Ill be out all day wendsday, thursday afternoon, and friday morning.

Rain on Monday

Yes, but can't decide whether to go with my own bow, a borrowed shotgun, or a new blackpowder that I hope to shoot tomorrow. It's tough being a newbie.

Maybe Wednesday if I can swing it with work schedule. I have some vacation days to use before New Years, so it fits otherwise.

My wife called me this morning asking if I was aware of a manhunt around Rt 149 in Spencer. I asked why and she said that she observed around 20 guys on the side of the road wearing orange vests and carrying rifles. She thought they were cops.

Once I stopped laughing I explained to her that those guys were hunters and today was the first day of the shotgun deer season. [rofl]

My wife called me this morning asking if I was aware of a manhunt around Rt 149 in Spencer. I asked why and she said that she observed around 20 guys on the side of the road wearing orange vests and carrying rifles. She thought they were cops.

Once I stopped laughing I explained to her that those guys were hunters and today was the first day of the shotgun deer season. [rofl]

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Wasn't a few years back, around this time when some suburban housewife called the police to report a terrorist in the area? He was wearing camouflage and carrying an assault weapon [rolleyes]

Wasn't a few years back, around this time when some suburban housewife called the police to report a terrorist in the area? He was wearing camouflage and carrying an assault weapon [rolleyes]

Funny stuff- My first time ever hunting I pulled up to a spot and got out and grabbed my shotgun. All of the sudden I hear tires spinning and a car out of control. Just the sight of a gun made that housewife almost crash her car. The look she gave me I will never forget.

No luck today, But going out again on wednesday with some of my uncles. Even if we don't get anything, the stories that come out of these trips are more than worth the effort.

No luck today, But going out again on wednesday with some of my uncles. Even if we don't get anything, the stories that come out of these trips are more than worth the effort.

So true. Some of my best days hunting where days of no game. But nothing beats the story of the goose that CAME ALIVE in the boat.[rofl]

Spill it!

It was freezing out with like a 30 knot* wind (I have no idea what a KNOT is).I shot it twice in the air and it came down like a rock. My uncle and I went out in a 10' aluminum camouflaged row boat from 1971 haha. We rowed out to it, picked it up and tossed it into the boat. It was laying there dead. Beak open DEAD! We started heading back and it came alive! OMG I panicked. It was bull shit. haha I wish I was on land to see 2 grown men yelling swinging ores and pointing guns at each other. My farther was on shore and he said he at one point he thought we tipped the boat. Some how one of us managed to finally murder the poor thing.

Hope you guys get a bit of a laugh at our expense.

I have papers and projects due in school Monday + Tuesday and i work 4-midnight both days, so Wednesday will be my first day of shotgun season. Now those basterds will not be out or range.[mg][mg][mg]

It was freezing out with like a 30 knot* wind (I have no idea what a KNOT is).I shot it twice in the air and it came down like a rock. My uncle and I went out in a 10' aluminum camouflaged row boat from 1971 haha. We rowed out to it, picked it up and tossed it into the boat. It was laying there dead. Beak open DEAD! We started heading back and it came alive! OMG I panicked. It was bull shit. haha I wish I was on land to see 2 grown men yelling swinging ores and pointing guns at each other. My farther was on shore and he said he at one point he thought we tipped the boat. Some how one of us managed to finally murder the poor thing.

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Just got in the door. We saw 5 does and no bucks. My nephew got one of the does. A good day all around. Round 2 tomorrow.

I've got to hear this story in person next time I see you.

So true. Some of my best days hunting where days of no game. But nothing beats the story of the goose that CAME ALIVE in the boat.[rofl]

Your story reminds me of one a friend of mine tells. His dad was a civil engineer in the highway department. They lived on a farm, raised a few pigs and steers. They had always killed the pigs with a sledge hammer to the head. One year they made the mistake of reading a book about how you are supposed to do it -- .22lr to the forehead of the pig.

So, they shot the pig in the head. Unfortunately, the pig's brain is about the size of a walnut, and they missed. So the pig is running around the sty, blood streaming out of its head, and his dad is trying to tackle the now wet and slippery pig. My buddy has now picked up the sledge hammer and is chasing the pig (and his dad) around the sty, trying to hit the pig on the head, without hitting his dad in the process.

And a good time was had by all (except the pig).

Back
Top Bottom