Shotgun Case recommendations

Hey everyone, hope you are all well.

Can anyone recommend a single shotgun case that will hold a Mossberg 500, WITH a pistol grip and folding stock? Preferably by keeping the shotgun in one piece while transporting. It doesn't need to be highest quality ever, i'll just be transporting back and forth from the range, not traveling.

Thanks all be well.

Attachments

• 2504514_02_nib_mossberg_maverick_88_18_ba_640.jpg
    2504514_02_nib_mossberg_maverick_88_18_ba_640.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
What’s your price range?

Best breakdown case is going to be a Negrini, who actually makes OE cases for Beretta and others, but you said you dont want to have to break it down. Second option would be a Pelican, but that’s still up there in terms of price. Picked up a $30 Plano case of Amazon and... it functioned.

I go with Plano cases from Amazon. They are big enough to usually get two long guns in them if they are non scoped. $32 to your door is a deal. I use mine for just what you described and some of mine are going on 14 years old now.

Amazon Rifle Case

I go with Plano cases from Amazon. They are big enough to usually get two long guns in them if they are non scoped. $32 to your door is a deal. I use mine for just what you described and some of mine are going on 14 years old now.

Amazon Rifle Case
^This one. $31.38. Here's a review for an extended Mossberg with pistol grip.

I also have this case for general purpose range case for long guns that don't have cases.

Amazon Rifle Case

Another vote for the Plano case it works well I use one for my $$$$ O/U's.

I'm fond of shottie 'scabbards' myself...

Also like the 25-round (30 shown below) Molle ammo pouch that lashes to the scabbard...
View attachment 345566
View attachment 345570View attachment 345571

Careful calling it a shottie, I used that term a while back and got taken to task because anyone in the ‘know’ never calls a shottie a shottie. Harumph!

Can’t comment on the scabbard as I live in the burbs and put everything in nondescript soft cases. However, the 24 rd. molle pouch hangs in the cabinet ready to go. Mine came from Condor (Amazon) and they seem to make an affordable and decent quality product. Can recommend.

P.S.- I love my god damn shottie.

Edit- it is a 25 rd. pouch! I had to do some research but there’s definitely a 25th loop in there so long as you fold the front down.

Last edited:
check out voodoo tactical. hell, they make tactical cases for taticool guns. there's one in their line up that'll work for you.

I use an Gun Guard hard sided case, secured with a short length of chain and a padlock for transporting shotguns and rifles. I do not want any part of the weapon exposed. MGL requires rifles and shotguns to be unloaded and enclosed in a case while carrying them on a public way. Not sure if the law means completely enclosed (case) or partially enclosed, like a scabbard. Personally, I prefer not to risk it so I use a hard case with a padlock.

I use an Gun Guard hard sided case, secured with a short length of chain and a padlock for transporting shotguns and rifles. I do not want any part of the weapon exposed. MGL requires rifles and shotguns to be unloaded and enclosed in a case while carrying them on a public way. Not sure if the law means completely enclosed (case) or partially enclosed, like a scabbard. Personally, I prefer not to risk it so I use a hard case with a padlock.
Only semi automatic shotguns needs to be in a locked case.

I like these cases, Plano called something like all weather tactical - come in various lengths, about $80, waterproof/gasketed/locking. Certainly would prevent damage in any reasonable situation.

20200223_122153.jpg

Do you have a recommendation for nondescript soft case for a ...shottie?
I also have a dayglo green field hockey stick bag that holds a Mossberg 500 20ga (will fit the 12ga too) as long as you have a 18.5" or shorter barrel and
does not have a pistol grip. Only the most discerning layman can tell I don't play field hockey... [rofl2]

1586471078867.png
Thanks Ms. Max... [smile]

I've also successfully used a folding camp chair bag to move a rifle/shotgun around in. Definitely does not look like a 'gun case'...
Pro Tip: Bright colors are best...

This one screams "Howdy Camper!"...
1586473188650.png

This screams "He's got a Gun!"...

1586475356975.png

Last edited:
Funny thing is they come free with the chair!

Back
Top Bottom