Shotgun capacity

I've seen them in shops too, same with the 1301 full length tube. The place I got my 1301 had the Nordic +2 extensions hanging on the wall at the time. I asked and their opinion was as long as it didn't have the pistol grip or folding stock it's ok. Not sure if I agree but that was their interpretation.
When I bought my 1301 from Crackpot, I asked him about the +2 extension.....he said and I quote "Just don't do it!"

Ya this all makes me sad. I so want one of those sweet 7 round Ti tubes I see for sale for my Benelli M4 from FFT.

Semi auto shottie with a traditional stock with no pistol grip and tube mag you can have the tube long as you want as long as no other evil features. Correct? Add a pistol grip or collapsible stock and run run into problems. Personally for shotties I prefer just a plain stock like the basic Mossberg 930/940. No need for tactical Benelli shit.

If you put minishells in a shotgun, does the 5+1 shotgun then become an AW? What about when I empty the tube? Is it still an AW after that?
from MGL's AW definition:

[ that the term assault weapon shall not include:] (vii) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.

Federal definition of AW:
a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of—
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

So I guess the question really is: If the tube can hold 5 3" shells (15 inches worth of ammo), and I load it up with 10 rounds of mini shells is it a feature or not.
What if I don't load it with mini shells? What if I don't even own mini shells? Is it still an evil feature?
This doesn't effect a lot of us with traditional shotgun setups, but if you had a pistol grip on your shottie are you in violation?

I've seen them in shops too, same with the 1301 full length tube. The place I got my 1301 had the Nordic +2 extensions hanging on the wall at the time. I asked and their opinion was as long as it didn't have the pistol grip or folding stock it's ok. Not sure if I agree but that was their interpretation.
This. Cant have a pistol grip

Every 5+ semi auto has the standard integrated grip.

Semi auto shottie with a traditional stock with no pistol grip and tube mag you can have the tube long as you want as long as no other evil features. Correct? Add a pistol grip or collapsible stock and run run into problems. Personally for shotties I prefer just a plain stock like the basic Mossberg 930/940. No need for tactical Benelli shit.
My M2 is offended!!! I had a 930. Gave me headaches… sold it and got the M2

My M2 is offended!!! I had a 930. Gave me headaches… sold it and got the M2
Hahah your M2 is fine, no hatorate. Too bad this is an 'assault weapon'. I tried shotties with a pistol grip. Much quicker and more accurate pattern landings with a straight stock vs a tactical one. If I were breaching doors, sure, give me the M4. I mean never mind, give me a SPAS-12.

0223201555-1536x866.jpg

Hahah your M2 is fine, no hatorate. Too bad this is an 'assault weapon'. I tried shotties with a pistol grip. Much quicker and more accurate pattern landings with a straight stock vs a tactical one. If I were breaching doors, sure, give me the M4. I mean never mind, give me a SPAS-12.

View attachment 750110
I’m good with the standard grip. The M2 only comes out for multi gun and tactical shotgun matches.

So moor ammo good vs grip.

And yes please! SPAS-12!

If you put minishells in a shotgun, does the 5+1 shotgun then become an AW? What about when I empty the tube? Is it still an AW after that?
This is something that I haven't seen addressed with tubular magazine capacities as shorter than standard shells for shotguns or rifles can increase the capacity beyond 10 rds.

It's not an issue for pump or lever actions yet, but I do get the sense that's the next step once all the semi auto laws are on the books.

1972 Remington 1100 with Mesa Tactical Pistol Grip stock with +2 on the tube. Legal from what I can tell due to being a pre-ban but who knows what a LEO would think.

Back
Top Bottom