• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun capacity

yes. different regs.

Wow not sure I knew this? I could have sworn I’ve seen those Mossberg 930 JM Pro shotguns in the classifieds. Don’t they hold 9+1?
Shotguns don't get as much scrutiny as rifles so there are plenty of dealers selling "high capacity" semi-auto shotguns without realizing that they're running afoul of the AWB.

So, if I have say a 1301 and put a Mesa tactical Urbino stock/pistol grip on it it's OK, but add a +2 extension plus that stock is a no-go. Put a regular non-collapsible stock on it and a +2 extension is now ok...right?

Have I missed something? Shops in Massachusetts will sell a 9 round pump shotgun but only a 4+1 semi auto.
It's mAss they never make sense. Bacon hill has no idea about about firearms, none and they are too ignorant about being educated on firearms. They don't care and act on their personal thoughts and not the rights of the people.

I duno about massified shotties but I have a few that came with plugs in the tube…..plastic sticks that limit the capacity and are easily removed by anyone that knows lefty loosey, righty tighty. You’re supposed to pop those in to hunt any migratory water fowl. As far as I understand, you only need those plastic things in there when hunting federally regulated migratory birds.

More government helping.

I duno about massified shotties but I have a few that came with plugs in the tube…..plastic sticks that limit the capacity and are easily removed by anyone that knows lefty loosey, righty tighty. You’re supposed to pop those in to hunt any migratory water fowl. As far as I understand, you only need those plastic things in there when hunting federally regulated migratory birds.

More government helping.
And a great early example of the government not understanding firearms as technology.

Feds - "You can't have a semi-auto shotgun that holds too many rounds for duck hunting. It's bad for the <ducks, wildlife, children, law enforcement, kittens, whatever>"

Manufacturers - "Okay, we can fix that with an easily removable stick. And when our customers lose that original stick, they can use any old stick they find. Thanks for buying our shotguns."

Since then, it's been a constant stream of firearms design to comply with bullshit regulations in the least annoying way possible. Answers the unasked question of whether firearms designers are smarter than legislators quite well.

Do shotguns still fall under the two evil feature thing under the ban? So if the only evil feature is the tube can hold 9 shells, but you don't have a pistol grip or barrel shroud or shoulder thing that goes up it's fine?

Wow not sure I knew this? I could have sworn I’ve seen those Mossberg 930 JM Pro shotguns in the classifieds. Don’t they hold 9+1?
I've seen them in shops too, same with the 1301 full length tube. The place I got my 1301 had the Nordic +2 extensions hanging on the wall at the time. I asked and their opinion was as long as it didn't have the pistol grip or folding stock it's ok. Not sure if I agree but that was their interpretation.

Which is dumb, because you can stack those mini shells pretty deep in a 5+1 tube.
Same logic as a 30 round pmag holding 10 rounds of a larger round. In other words, MGL never makes any sense.

Same logic as a 30 round pmag holding 10 rounds of a larger round. In other words, MGL never makes any sense.
"But officer!!! This is a ten round fidy beowulf mag."

"Yah but you've got 30 assault rifle fifteen bullets in it. Cuff em"

Back
Top Bottom