• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shotgun Advice needed

I am searching for a semi-auto shotgun to use in 3 gun type competition. I was a little to late to buy the Benelli recently sold on this site. So I am looking at a remington 1100 tactical or possibly a FN self loading police.

I cant find the remington in stock anywhere. I want the 22" 8+1 tube. So I am looking on line and came across this
http://personalsecurityzone.com/cgi-win/order/prodlist.exe/PSZ/?Template=ProdDetail.htm&ProductID=25879

I am sure I can find other places with the gun in stock, but I wondering if anyone had any experience with this gun. Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Neither of these guns are cheap, but so far I am only planning on buying 2 guns this year, a shotgun and a M&P 45 and I have the money for the shotgun burning a hole in my pocket at this time

I had an M1Super90 that I sold to finance a nice over/under. If it fits
you well, I would buy a Benelli and never look back. The fit, finish, and speed
on those shotguns is amazing. Just my opinion.

Buy a used 1100 as cheap as you can get it. Then send it out to be worked on as needed. (Many times they need nothing but cleaning and new "O" ring)

I believe Larocca in Worcester does 1100 work that is supposed to be pretty good.

The 1100 has parts availability and options availability.

If you really want a good three gun shotgun, go to the Brian Enos Forum. There is a Benny Hill shotgun for sale there that is ready to rock.

Editing to add:

You could always just buy my 1100 already set up. I am not planning to shoot much three gun and plan to use my 870 when I do.

The Benny Hill gun sold quick

Regards,

Last edited:
How much do you want to spend? Are you going to shoot a lot of 3gun/multigun matches? If it's a lot of matches, which means you'll travel more than a couple hours from home, bite the bullet, get an M2 Benelli, with a 21" VR barrel. Screw an extension on, go shoot. Cost for a new M2 will be about $1100.00 Gonna shoot just a local match or two, get your feet wet maybe. A used but not abused 1100 will do it. Again, mag extension, EZ loader, new gas ring for insurance and go to the range and play. Cost, could be less than $500.00 depending on the barrel that's on the gun. The FN you pictured, has an 18" barrel, holds 6 or 7 rounds of ammo. Not enough bullets!!! If you plan on shooting tactical, you can have a gun with 9 rounds total, don't ever start at a disadvantage! Shotgun matches are reloading matches. If I can load 2 rounds less than you in a stage, you'll probably loose.
Another option is a Winchester Super X2 tactical. You might have to look a little to find on. The FN is the SX2.

An 1100 is hard to beat for 3-gun. There are so many aftermaket parts available for it that is is the 1911 of shotguns. [wink]

I got mine used at the Marlboro show last year and then built it up with parts from various internet vendors such as 3gungear and arizonagunrunners.
I put a set of Speedfeed furniture and Tacstar mag tube and sidesaddle on it.
I also fitted up a DMW loading gate which makes reloading it MUCHO easier.
It is a fun gun to shoot! The sidesaddle holds six rounds and the speedfeed stock holds four rounds with spring loaded plungers in the buttstock. The tube does not extend past the barrel and gives me 9+1 in the chamber.
It gets pretty heavy when fully loaded with ten rounds of 12ga in it and another ten mounted on it. [shocked]

I was just at the Kittery Tradeing Post the other day. They had several Benelli in the rack, both new and used.

Back
Top Bottom