Shot while on the Toilet

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531376,00.html?test=latestnews

Florida Woman Shot in Leg by Bathroom Stall Neighbor

TAMPA, Fla. — Authorities say a bullet from a gun that was accidentally dropped injured a Tampa woman sitting in a bathroom stall.

Police say the bullet hit 53-year-old Janifer Bliss in the lower left leg. She was taken to a hospital with minor injuries.

Bliss was sitting on the toilet in a hotel bathroom when a woman in the next stall accidentally let her handgun slip out of her waist holster. The weapon discharged when it hit the ground.

Police say the gun belonged to 56-year-old Debra Monce who has a concealed weapons permit.

The case has been referred to the State Attorney's Office to determine if any charges will be filed.

This kinda reminds me of a very famous thread posted here a while ago. [grin]

Last edited:
Geesh I'd hate to be a first responder in that incident. Talk about responding to a big ole shitty mess when they got there.

No that's not the one I was thinking of, but I guess that would answer the question posed above.

I was refering to the thread about cc toilet techniques. [laugh]

Ah yes that thread.

My personal preference is:

Pistol in hand, safety off, finger on the trigger, pointed at the door in case someone tries to bust in and infiltrate my deuce-taking mission. [grin]

I'm assuming Gonzo is a 1911-hater, and just trying to get a stir out of us 1911-lovers. [frown][wink]

Problem with 1911s is that they don't have enough safeties. If they added a trigger safety and a biometric sensor and a pinky activated safety, then they would be safe. But with just a manual safety, a firing pin safety and a grip safety, they are terribly unreliable.

One that isn't Mass compliant. ?

Finally, a single example of why the MA regulations are good for us. I didn't think there were any reasons at all, but we finally found one. They don't have it in for us... they just love us and know what's best. Awww..... I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

At least she didn't shoot the bowl.... that would have been a mess if the bowl was shattered and the contents flooded all over the place. How embarrassing. (Reminds me of the time I overflowed the toilet at work and I had to go fleeing from it, as well as my neighbors around me as the water started coming into their stalls.)

Finally, a single example of why the MA regulations are good for us. I didn't think there were any reasons at all, but we finally found one. They don't have it in for us... they just love us and know what's best. Awww..... I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

At least she didn't shoot the bowl.... that would have been a mess if the bowl was shattered and the contents flooded all over the place. How embarrassing. (Reminds me of the time I overflowed the toilet at work and I had to go fleeing from it, as well as my neighbors around me as the water started coming into their stalls.)

[laugh2][laugh][rofl]

Srsly? Isn't a 1911 usually carried cocked and locked? But even if it was a 1911, and the thumb safety was off, wouldn't the grip safety still prevent an AD if dropped?

A Series 70 1911 or older carried on half cock with a round in the chamber. A lot of people think the half cock notch is a safe way to carry the 1911, and every once in a while Mr. Darwin culls some of these defectives from the herd.

Back
Top Bottom