• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

SHOT show 2020 anouncement megathread

I feel like that was recently on the cover of G&A or some such mag.
True velocity has been on the cover of G&A twice now. First article was many paragraphs about the single digit deviation. 2nd time was the Sierra bullet thing, but the official announcement of the commercial 6.5 creed and .308 is at shot.

Come on gramps, it's 2020. :)

xl3.jpg

xl5.jpg
Tiny little dot in those things is useless to old eyes! I'll take a Big Dot or Trijicon HD front sight any day.

DSC_0379-1.jpg

• “spiker” 47
• 120 days till 74
• 5.56 AK with AR mag/LRB/bolt release
• GF4 47 CHF Fn barrel
• RPK trunnion on 5.56
• RPK in works
• $299 glock clone

• “spiker” 47
• 120 days till 74
• 5.56 AK with AR mag/LRB/bolt release
• GF4 47 CHF Fn barrel
• RPK trunnion on 5.56
• RPK in works
• $299 glock clone

Yeah, I've always wanted a DUF AK. I am pretty happy about that.

1579883799240.png

Earlier this year, Winchester Repeating Arms announced the return of the Winchester 1895 to production, and I made a bee-line to their SHOT Show booth to get a look. Unfortunately, they didn’t bring the standard 1895 and I had to settle for handling and checking out their 125th Anniversary model, a SHOT Show special edition.

Granted, it’s gorgeous, so I can’t complain too badly about not seeing the standard production model. The standard edition is blued, with a walnut stock, as lever guns are intended to be made.

IMG_20200121_1011301-700x700.jpg

Not every gun has to be black plastic, you know.

For those who don’t know, the Winchester 1895 was something of an oddball in their lever-action catalog, as it was invented so that modern smokeless powder cartridges with spitzer bullets could be used without issue.

Instead of a tubular magazine, it employs an internal box magazine that holds – depending on the caliber – up to five rounds. It was designed, as the best guns usually were, by John Moses Browning and was a popular model in its initial long production run, which lasted until 1940.

Winchester periodically reissued it, which is what they’re doing now.

The current model features a rebounding hammer, which bounces to half-cock after striking the firing pin, preventing the hammer from hitting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled. A tang safety is also added, and the lever loop is hinged for faster cycling.

The current models are only offered with sporter model fore ends, so anyone wanting the full-length furniture will be out of luck. The sights for both models are a flip-up semi-buckhorn rear sight with a gold bead front sight post.

The stocks are straight grip for both models. The 125th Anniversary model features gorgeous walnut in either Grade V or Grade VI, depending on what wood is on hand when the one you see or buy is built. The standard model makes do with Grade I wood.

The 125th Anniversary model has a nickel finished receiver, with beautiful floral engraving, and a blued barrel.

IMG_20200121_101017_Bokeh1-700x525.jpg

Calibers available are .30-40 Krag (in case you want to charge up San Juan Hill…and who doesn’t?) .405 Winchester (in case you need a big medicine gun for lions, and who doesn’t) and of course, God’s Own Rifle Cartridge, .30-06, which the model I handled was chambered for.

While the 1895 is a top-ejecting receiver, it’s drilled and tapped for a scope.

The 1895 in many respects makes an excellent hunting gun for medium ranges…but I don’t know that you’d want to take this thing anniversary model out in the field. I know I wouldn’t. This is a wall gun…it’s just too beautiful to get dirty.

I love the 1895. It’s a beautiful rifle, and certainly an example of John Browning’s genius. However, the $2499 price tag is a steep price of entry. Then again, this isn’t really a gun for the typical shooter wanting to pew-pew in volume at short range. It’s a throwback to when there was a lot more craft in gunmaking than mere production.

Like I said, not every gun has to be tacticool. We love the ones that are, but there’s still room for the ones that aren’t.

View attachment 326846

Earlier this year, Winchester Repeating Arms announced the return of the Winchester 1895 to production, and I made a bee-line to their SHOT Show booth to get a look. Unfortunately, they didn’t bring the standard 1895 and I had to settle for handling and checking out their 125th Anniversary model, a SHOT Show special edition.

Granted, it’s gorgeous, so I can’t complain too badly about not seeing the standard production model. The standard edition is blued, with a walnut stock, as lever guns are intended to be made.

IMG_20200121_1011301-700x700.jpg

Not every gun has to be black plastic, you know.

For those who don’t know, the Winchester 1895 was something of an oddball in their lever-action catalog, as it was invented so that modern smokeless powder cartridges with spitzer bullets could be used without issue.

Instead of a tubular magazine, it employs an internal box magazine that holds – depending on the caliber – up to five rounds. It was designed, as the best guns usually were, by John Moses Browning and was a popular model in its initial long production run, which lasted until 1940.

Winchester periodically reissued it, which is what they’re doing now.

The current model features a rebounding hammer, which bounces to half-cock after striking the firing pin, preventing the hammer from hitting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled. A tang safety is also added, and the lever loop is hinged for faster cycling.

The current models are only offered with sporter model fore ends, so anyone wanting the full-length furniture will be out of luck. The sights for both models are a flip-up semi-buckhorn rear sight with a gold bead front sight post.

The stocks are straight grip for both models. The 125th Anniversary model features gorgeous walnut in either Grade V or Grade VI, depending on what wood is on hand when the one you see or buy is built. The standard model makes do with Grade I wood.

The 125th Anniversary model has a nickel finished receiver, with beautiful floral engraving, and a blued barrel.

IMG_20200121_101017_Bokeh1-700x525.jpg

Calibers available are .30-40 Krag (in case you want to charge up San Juan Hill…and who doesn’t?) .405 Winchester (in case you need a big medicine gun for lions, and who doesn’t) and of course, God’s Own Rifle Cartridge, .30-06, which the model I handled was chambered for.

While the 1895 is a top-ejecting receiver, it’s drilled and tapped for a scope.

The 1895 in many respects makes an excellent hunting gun for medium ranges…but I don’t know that you’d want to take this thing anniversary model out in the field. I know I wouldn’t. This is a wall gun…it’s just too beautiful to get dirty.

I love the 1895. It’s a beautiful rifle, and certainly an example of John Browning’s genius. However, the $2499 price tag is a steep price of entry. Then again, this isn’t really a gun for the typical shooter wanting to pew-pew in volume at short range. It’s a throwback to when there was a lot more craft in gunmaking than mere production.

Like I said, not every gun has to be tacticool. We love the ones that are, but there’s still room for the ones that aren’t.
Yada, yada, I want one in 7.62x54R.

BTW, .30-40 Krag was not a bad cartridge, it's much like .30-30, but better range. It's pretty much obsolete today tho.

Yada, yada, I want one in 7.62x54R.

BTW, .30-40 Krag was not a bad cartridge, it's much like .30-30, but better range. It's pretty much obsolete today tho.
I would say closer to a .308 Winchester.

You can push 150 grains at 2700 with modern powders. I’m not sure what the original military loading was though.

I would say closer to a .308 Winchester.

You can push 150 grains at 2700 with modern powders. I’m not sure what the original military loading was though.
Yeah, but I'm not sure how much this lever action can take. The older loadings is can, but modern ones... IDK and the fact is most .30-40 guns are made to shoot the old military loads, not modern ones.

Yeah, but I'm not sure how much this lever action can take. The older loadings is can, but modern ones... IDK and the fact is most .30-40 guns are made to shoot the old military loads, not modern ones.
The 1895 was chambered in 30-06 and similar cartridges. I’m sure it can handle it. Looking up the pressure of the old 30/40 loads and modern loads they are listed at 40K per for modern per Hodgdon which is right in line with the originals. Pretty impressive what modern powders can do at the same pressures.
I love the 30/40 Krag I just wish brass was easier to find.

Check out this video from Tactical Shit

Watch as they shoot and review the new AK-20, Arsenal of Las Vegas has unveiled their new super modern AK, the AK-20. WE THINK THEY DID IT

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfG9sFu41sc&feature=emb_logo

Integrally suppressed Kel-Tec SUB2000, that lets the handguard twist so it will still fold in half with optics mounted. Kewl!

The folding thing has been around since gen1. Someone made an aftermarket piece. I didnt own one, but saw pics.

Next up is Strike’s new adjustable scope mount. While it doesn’t sport quick detach capability, the scope ring assembly sits on a dovetail so that you can slide it forward and backwards to dial in the eye relief that you need. Bolts secure it in place at pre-drilled intervals, so it adjusts in increments. It comes with 30mm rings with 1-inch reducers; Strike is working on a 34mm version. It’s made of 7250 aluminum, one-upping those constructed of 7075. MSRP will be $130.
Finally someone did it. The dumbest gun related part since that pathetic AR buttstock where one could insert a Glock into.
If there's only one part of the rifle where you should avoid moving parts at all cost, it's the scope mount. Seriously, you've got to be a clueless dumbass to come up with an idea like that.

They're all teasing us with these suppressors

1580173312560.png

THE HENRY X SERIES : FROM CONCEPT TO REALITY
Since the original concept gun of Henry’s X series debuted at NRAAM 2018, interest has been so high that Henry made the X Series a reality. One notable improvement in the receiver of the production Henry X Rifles is they all have a King’s gate. Chambered in .357/38, 44mag/spl, ..45 Colt, 45-70 and .410, these are the first rifles from Henry to be chambered in pistol calibers with a side loading gate. All X models have threaded barrels (The .410 is threaded for removable chokes).

Though Henry typically does not come to SHOT show, they sprinkled a few X Series rifles around to exhibitors, and sent out an announcement the first morning of the floor show. Team TFB was on it, and ran into a handsome .45-70 chambered Henry X at SilencerCo’s booth.

[SHOT 2020] The new Henry X Lever Action in .45-70

Equipped with one of SiCo’s Hybrid .46 cans, the Henry H010X (The official model number for the .45-70 X series rifle) was a nice blend of traditional and tactical. The Henry X sported fiber optic front and rear sights, in green and orange respectively. The sling studs are sunk into the buttstock and the fore-end. The fore-end also sports a small section of pic rail at 6 o’clock for accessory attachment, as well as M-Lok slots at 3 and 9 o’clock.

[SHOT 2020] The new Henry X Lever Action in .45-70, equipped with a Hybrid 46

[SHOT 2020] The new Henry X Lever Action in .45-70, equipped with a Hybrid 46
Magazine capacities and barrel lengths are as follows:

• Big Boy X: 7 rounds, 17.4″
  • .45-70 X: 4 rounds, 19.8″
  • .410 X: 5 rounds, 19.8″
Per Henry:
BAYONNE, NJ – January 21, 2020 – Henry Repeating Arms, the leading lever action firearms manufacturer, is introducing a highly anticipated new product line today with the X Model series, a concept that was first teased at the 2018 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits in Dallas, TX. All the firearms included in this new product launch are designed from the ground up to bring unparalleled versatility and utility to not only Henry’s line of rifles and shotguns, but the lever action platform in general. All five models are now available nationwide from licensed firearms dealers with an MSRP across the board of $970.00.

[SHOT 2020] Henry Model X lineup

[SHOT 2020] Henry Model X lineup
Anthony Imperato, President and owner of Henry Repeating Arms says, “The sheer volume of positive feedback we received about the concept guns we brought to Dallas was incredible, and this type of strong feedback is what tends to drive our product development plans.” Imperato continues, “It’s exciting to kick off the year with such a highly requested line of firearms and finally make these guns a reality.”The X Model series consists of the Big Boy platform, chambered in .44 Mag/.44 Spl, .357 Mag./.38 Spl, and .45 Colt, a lever action .410 shotgun, and another rifle chambered in .45-70 Government. All five models sport durable and lightweight synthetic furniture with a solid rubber recoil pad on the pistol-gripped buttstock, Picatinny and M-Lok accessory slots on the forestock, and integrated sling swivel studs. The matte blued steel receivers utilize a side loading gate to keep the removable tube magazine loaded and they are all drilled and tapped to accept an optics mount. The rifles are all threaded at the muzzle end with a 5/8×24 thread pitch to accommodate a suppressor or other muzzle device. The shotgun’s smooth bore barrel is threaded internally for a removable invector style choke and contrasting fiber optic sights adorn all of the X Models with the .410 shotgun variation using only a front sight.

Personally, this author is most excited about the Big Boy X models. Chambered in powerful, yet common revolver calibers with a medium loop, pistol grip synthetic stock, and matte receiver, and the ability to easily mount accessories, these will make a wonderful (and quiet) hunting gun you won’t mind getting dirty. Time to upgrade my stamp game. Well played, Henry.

this is basically Alexa for your scope. ATF is watching how fast you take shots.

There is some interesting technology here in theory, but wondering if all that HUD info is distracting in real use. Will be interesting to see this mature, but the current abysmal battery life is a pain, even if it has a quick swap rechargeable battery. I'd rather have a "set it and forget it" battery set up.

Info still being leaked out

1580521643069.png

The precision rifle goodies were abundant at SHOT Show this year, but when I swung by the Manners booth, my jaw dropped. This year at SHOT Show, Manners Composite Stocks released their newest product, the PRS-TCS(Tunable Competition Stock). This stock steps outside the lines of what you usually see from Manners, and gives you a lot of the great features that you would see in a top of the line chassis-but wrapped up in that beautiful, classic package that is unmistakably Manners.

1580521691708.png

Here are a few of the features:

• Low-profile forend
  • Barrel channel is molded in, allowing you to use whichever barrel you choose
  • Comes standard with an Area 419 Aluminum ARCA Rail or optional steel rail to add additional weight
  • Both rails will include 5 pockets on the inside for adding additional weight in 2.9 oz increments for weight tuning
  • Gen 2 Mini-Chassis (allows 5 and 10-round AICS Magazines)
  • Will accommodate any barreled action
  • Weight tuning in the rear
  • Adjustable length of pull
  • Adjustable cheekpiece
  • The buttstock can be adjusted up and down
  • Will include one weight in the front and one weight in the back(additional weights can be purchased)
  • Optional EFR Rail for night vision capabilities
MSRP for the PRS-TCS has not been released yet but is expected to be somewhere in the $1,500 range.

For more information, visit Manners Composite Stocks - Tactical, Hunting, Competition Stocks.

1580521719999.png

Back
Top Bottom