Shorts for summer time pocket carry and your pocket carry

any shorts w/ this
I’ve had three Kusiak holsters. I still have two. The third I sold with my BG. Kusiak is one of the best made holsters in my opinion. The one on the left is a Kusiak, and the one on the right is another one I have. The cant on the Kusiak is well thought out. @massgun , I did miss your post. I was called to dinner and had to finish my post after. Yes I agree 100% about the Seecamp.

Attachments

• 2D7D11D9-7B4A-4A03-9E8F-DAA0FD286535.jpeg
    2D7D11D9-7B4A-4A03-9E8F-DAA0FD286535.jpeg
    482.5 KB · Views: 15
  • E58176D4-F853-409B-AD6C-D53173836826.jpeg
    E58176D4-F853-409B-AD6C-D53173836826.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I do not wear shorts, ever.

ComfortTac Belly band + not tight shirt = can conceal a G17 year round in comfort and tact..

Good lord... I wore board shorts the majority of my life growing up in CA.... I wear board shorts here until it's too cold.

I hate pants.

That being said, pocket carry is impossible in board shorts, I have Fox cargo pants and they are ok I guess for carrying. Sometimes I don't even carry in the summer because I would rather wear board shorts lol

I am anxiously awaiting for fanny packs to come back in style, I'll be all set... Look like a typical househusband with no sense of style, but at least I will have stuff in a bag tied around my waist :) Gain like 50 pounds, wear Patriots gear.. Fit right in like a grey man

Good lord... I wore board shorts the majority of my life growing up in CA.... I wear board shorts here until it's too cold.

I hate pants.

That being said, pocket carry is impossible in board shorts, I have Fox cargo pants and they are ok I guess for carrying. Sometimes I don't even carry in the summer because I would rather wear board shorts lol

Regardless of pant type, I'd suggest you try the Comfort Tac belly band. It's not just for old fat guys and women. I can work an 8-hr shift standing, walking around, etc with a G17 no problem in the summer time. Flops around a lot less than a standard IWB holster when running. I can wear track pants all day but still rock a 92fs or G17 IWB as a thin guy with minimal printing. Slower draw than a kydex type holster, but worth it in terms of comfort.

With a micro/pocket carry size gun like a BG380, Ruger LCP variant, etc it's practically unnoticeable. Zero printing since it hugs your body. And it's $25 bucks.

Regardless of pant type, I'd suggest you try the Comfort Tac belly band. It's not just for old fat guys and women. I can work an 8-hr shift standing, walking around, etc with a G17 no problem in the summer time. Flops around a lot less than a standard IWB holster when running. I can wear track pants all day but still rock a 92fs or G17 IWB as a thin guy with minimal printing. Slower draw than a kydex type holster, but worth it in terms of comfort.

With a micro/pocket carry size gun like a BG380, Ruger LCP variant, etc it's practically unnoticeable. Zero printing since it hugs your body. And it's $25 bucks.

Thanks, I might try that for riding my motorcycle.. Looks like you have to wear really baggy shirts?

FYI for anyone else that is interested... $35 on Amazon and $20 on Ebay.

Ehh shopping around on Amazon I found one for $22... I'll try one, thanks.

Last edited:
No matter what shorts you get, I have to have 7 belt loops. Had a Colt Mustang for a while that was decent for pocket carry and it now resides in Tennesee. Fun little gun and ran well. I have a 38 snubby that has not left my safe for a couple of years but it is something to think about. Previous owner ran +P in it.
Great point on the seven belt loops. A few years ago I had some shorts that were clearly better for IWB carry than others and they were the ones with seven belt loops instead of the others that had only five.

Thanks, I might try that for riding my motorcycle.. Looks like you have to wear really baggy shirts?

FYI for anyone else that is interested... $35 on Amazon and $20 on Ebay.

Ehh shopping around on Amazon I found one for $22... I'll try one, thanks.

To carry a full size pistol - yes. To carry a typical CCW pistol, no not really. A slim fit T-shirt is going to show even most IWB holstered compact guns. Most normal shirts work fine for me.

You can put it at your waist, or around your stomach, or above your stomach depending on what gun/clothing is being worn. It's neoprene backed, so it doesn't get gross if you are sweating, although I wash mine pretty regularly.

I'm a fan of the product, and would be curious to know how you like it.

Edit: PS these are not kydex or a natural leather that will outlast the gun, I've had some fray due to carrying a gun with super aggressive texturing (sandpaper basically). They are like an undergarment and will need replacing eventually.

Last edited:
I've tried pocket carry a few times and just haven't been able to make it work. Thats included carrying a Bodyguard which is probably the worst gun I have ever owned. I understand it's purpose but man does it suck. 5.11 Apex shorts are actually the most comfortable pants/shorts I have owned for carrying. For pants Vertx Delta pants are phenominal but pricey.

I off body carry at the gym in my backpack.
It is not perfect, but I like the Bodyguard. It is very accurate, the trigger is not terrible (I get it you are not gonna be ripping off rounds super quickly), and the .380 is the right ammo for this size pistol. I am not an expert but this pistol definitely has its uses.

Tell Mr. Happy to stop poking your gun.

I don't pocket carry cause my 8 year old is always sneaking stuff in and out of my pockets. He'd do well on the streets of Rome.
My guy is the same way! He's 9, but when he was 8 I took him to my LGS for the first time. I went to pay for some ammo and panicked because I couldn't find my wallet. He stole it from me while in the gun store!

You must have missed my post (#44) , but I was also surprised nobody mentioned the Seecamp, great deep concealment pistol!
I carry my Seecamp .32 sometimes. I bought a wallet from Kevin's Concealment Holsters. Great product. I have ones for my Seecamp. Colt 1908 vest pocket .25, Freedom Arms .22LR (don't bother buying, impossible to shoot with standard grips), and at least one other little pistol or revolver but can't think of offhand. I like the Seecamp but ammo (and extra mags) is impossible to find (it is very picky), and as you said, deep carry or backup. What the heck is that other pistol I have a Kevin's Holster for? Sigh....

I don't think I've worn shorts in over a decade. It's funny, from my teens till my mid 40's I wore shorts every day from April 1st to Thanksgiving and I work outdoors. You get old, you get cold.
I carry a G21 year round with 4 extra mags and I used to carry my 32 ACP Seecamp on my ankle. Last year I swapped it out for my late daughter's Sig P238, now she's my backup.

I’ve had three Kusiak holsters. I still have two. The third I sold with my BG. Kusiak is one of the best made holsters in my opinion. The one on the left is a Kusiak, and the one on the right is another one I have. The cant on the Kusiak is well thought out. @massgun , I did miss your post. I was called to dinner and had to finish my post after. Yes I agree 100% about the Seecamp.
ya they really are nice , just a really comfortable holster

I’ve been warring these for years. Same with the pant version as well.

They are thin, dry incredibly fast when wet. For the front hip pockets, there are two full size pockets per side. My carry my wallet in the “back” one and my LCR in a Desantis Nemesis.

My guy is the same way! He's 9, but when he was 8 I took him to my LGS for the first time. I went to pay for some ammo and panicked because I couldn't find my wallet. He stole it from me while in the gun store!

[laugh] Well how else is he gonna buy ammo for his toy guns?

Does a manuf make shorts specifically for carrying a pistol?

Like a thick material pocket lining to help prevent printing.

I really don't like wearing anything that screams tactical because, well, I'm not a tool.. But I would consider it if was specifically designed for pocket carry.. The 5.11 link above didn't mention anything..

I really don't like wearing anything that screams tactical because, well, I'm not a tool.. But I would consider it if was specifically designed for pocket carry.. The 5.11 link above didn't mention anything..

My G43 looks like a cellphone mostly. The pocket holster isnt 100% gun shaped so it breaks up it's outline in the pocket. That said if you were looking for a gun in someone's pocket intentionally I can imagine someone figuring it out or having their suspicions.

My G43 looks like a cellphone mostly. The pocket holster isnt 100% gun shaped so it breaks up it's outline in the pocket. That said if you were looking for a gun in someone's pocket intentionally I can imagine someone figuring it out or having their suspicions.

Ya, I get that is part of it, that I know it is printing and only someone looking for it will notice.. I don't even want other people carrying that would notice, to notice.. Probably make some stupid comment and approach me and ask me my screen name lol I tried a pocket holster once, it seemed pointless and I returned it. Are there "good" ones? The one I had was universal I think.

I remember years ago reading about how some people who weren't satisfied with the various pocket holsters or pants pockets of their favorite pants would have a seamstress put new, custom sized, heavier material pockets in.

Today, this would probably be a bit costly, but if you know someone who sews, might be a possibility.

I remember years ago reading about how some people who weren't satisfied with the various pocket holsters or pants pockets of their favorite pants would have a seamstress put new, custom sized, heavier material pockets in.

Today, this would probably be a bit costly, but if you know someone who sews, might be a possibility.

5.11 clothes for the everyday tactical tool are charging $80 for some shorts, so cost isn't an object. They sew like 112 pockets on their shorts, so extra material lining a pocket shouldn't be a concern.

Last edited:

You just need the right tailor

1654091761231.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom