• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shops that carry stripped lowers

I was curious if anyone has seen any shops in MA selling stripped AR15 lowers. I was looking for something of quality, bcm, noveske, etc.

I'm trying to avoid the online route.

Derek

I'm kind of in the same boat, although I'm looking for a cheapo lower...like under 100$ cheap. Preferably even less. To be honest, I was thinking about a new frontier, like 60$.

Last edited:
If you are looking for something specific, you are probably stuck with online.

Mass Firearms School had some stripped lowers when I was there a few days ago.

Outdoor Shop in Yarmouth had a few Spikes for $119 last time I was in. Want to say there was a Noveske as well but don't hold me to that.

Sent from wherever using whatever.

Last time I was in 4seasons they had 3 or 4, not sure what brand. North Shore Firearms is pretty much stocked with everything, I'm sure they have some.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Looks like I had a lot more options than I expected. I'll start calling around.

I'm looking to replace my seekins billet lower. My OCD is telling me to find a bcm lower to match my bcm upper but I feel like a bcm is going to me tough to find local.

Degree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My OCD is telling me to find a bcm lower to match my bcm upper but I feel like a bcm is going to me tough to find local.

Probably. You could always ask the local stores if they will order you a BCM lower. Might be cheaper than ordering one and then paying shipping and tranfer fees.

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Looks like I had a lot more options than I expected. I'll start calling around.

I'm looking to replace my seekins billet lower. My OCD is telling me to find a bcm lower to match my bcm upper but I feel like a bcm is going to me tough to find local.

Degree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Don't think I've ever heard of a local shop carrying BCM lowers. Got mine from Rainier.

Stay away from new frontier lowers. They are not a standard lower and must be modified to get you lpk in. In my opinion they are junk. Spend the little extra and get an aluminum lower.

While I agree that the new frontier lowers aren't perfect and needed to be opened up a little bit to get everything to function/fit properly, to call it not standard is misleading. I would rather having something that is tighter clearances than something that is looser and can't be made to work. I didn't have to do any major surgery to my lower to get stuff to function, just ran the dremel over certain spots and it was fine.

While I agree that the new frontier lowers aren't perfect and needed to be opened up a little bit to get everything to function/fit properly, to call it not standard is misleading. I would rather having something that is tighter clearances than something that is looser and can't be made to work. I didn't have to do any major surgery to my lower to get stuff to function, just ran the dremel over certain spots and it was fine.

Same here. I put a metal LPK in mine with little problem.

recently seen them in silver city firearms (taunton) , flint (fall river), and Zero hour (Easton).

just call before you go to make sure they still have them and that the prices are what you want (Ive seen some for $300 and would NEVER even joke about paying that)

Back
Top Bottom