shop comm 2a

This is old news and has been discussed elsewhere. Comm2A, like many other non-profits, was kicked out of the Amazon affiliate program more than a year ago. The only way to support Comm2A through Amazon is to link your Amazon account to Smile and specify Comm2A as your charity of choice.

This is old news and has been discussed elsewhere. Comm2A, like many other non-profits, was kicked out of the Amazon affiliate program more than a year ago. The only way to support Comm2A through Amazon is to link your Amazon account to Smile and specify Comm2A as your charity of choice.

This appears to be a subdomain not anything linked to Amazon

I'm still being told that I am supporting Comm2A through the "Amazon Smile" program. Is that not true? According to Amazon, Comm2A has received $8,457.67 so far this year. If that's not true, where the hell is the money going?

This appears to be a subdomain not anything linked to Amazon
That subdomain used to redirect to their affiliate link to Amazon. Now that they've been removed from that program it doesn't work.
I'm still being told that I am supporting Comm2A through the "Amazon Smile" program. Is that not true? According to Amazon, Comm2A has received $8,457.67 so far this year. If that's not true, where the hell is the money going?
There are two ways for orgs to get support through Amazon - affiliate links, and Smile. The affiliate program paid out at a higher rate; Amazon removed a bunch of firearms orgs from that program. The Smile program pays out at a smaller percentage per purchase; while less benefit to Comm2A, it should still be paying to them.

[reason for edit: correcting imprecise statement; thanks again @Knuckle Dragger ]

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation.

That subdomain used to redirect to their affiliate link to Amazon. Now that they've been removed from that program it doesn't work.

There are two ways for orgs to get support through Amazon - affiliate links, and Smile. The affiliate program paid out at a higher rate; Amazon removed a bunch of firearms orgs from that program. The Smile program pays out at a smaller percentage per purchase; while less benefit to Comm2A, it should still be paying to them.

That number seems high, but Amazon may be looking back several years. They might also be counting what we earned as an affiliate way back when.
I don't think that's totally true. A number of other non-profits (e.g. WBUR) have been dropped from the program.

They were vague, maybe purposely, on the time frame. For my personal donations, I don't know if the time was per month, this year, since I signed up for Smile or even before.

That number seems high, but Amazon may be looking back several years. They might also be counting what we earned as an affiliate way back when.
I don't think that's totally true. A number of other non-profits (e.g. WBUR) have been dropped from the program.
thanks for that update, KD. it's useful info.

Back
Top Bottom