• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shootout Erupts Over Stolen Rifle Outside St. Louis County Store

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
"After leaving the store, a man approached the rifle-toting individual and demanded the weapon. The individual complied and handed over the rifle. Police said the robbery victim went to a vehicle, grabbed another gun, and began shooting at the suspect. A shootout ensued between both parties."

Dafuq? Dumb Dude is carrying a rifle.....obviously a loaded one because it was used against him.......dude #2 approaches and demands dumb dude hand it over......amd dumb dude does......

This makes no f***ing sense.

Why wasn't he carrying a pistol on him? If I am transporting long guns that anyone can see, I will always also be carrying a piece...common sense I thought.

Missouri is constitutional carry, everyone should be carrying.

The robbery victim going to his car he grabbing another gun and shooting the robber, he may not be in legal jeopardy in Missouri but he would be in many other states. If your life or safety is not in jeopardy at the time, the law doesn’t allow you to shoot people even if they just robbed you.

If they robbed you of a loaded gun then I would consider my life and safety in jeopardy.
Not to mention others in the immediate vicinity.

If they robbed you of a loaded gun then I would consider my life and safety in jeopardy.
Not to mention others in the immediate vicinity.

When you are able to go to your car and retrieve another gun, legally you may be considered the aggressor at the point you fire. If the guy was firing at you or coming at you. That’s legal self defense. But the article suggests that didn’t happen.

Is it worth decades in a cage to get your rifle back if your life is not at risk at the time?

I considered my life at risk.
What more do you want?
This is all hypothetical. You and I weren't there.

When you are able to go to your car and retrieve another gun, legally you may be considered the aggressor at the point you fire. If the guy was firing at you or coming at you. That’s legal self defense. But the article suggests that didn’t happen.

Is it worth decades in a cage to get your rifle back if your life is not at risk at the time?
What's more interesting is a 3rd person came by after the victim left and shot the robber again for good measure. I'm thinking that person is in a little trouble.

LOL they are trying to pawn it off as St. Louis County. While technically it is a couple blocks outside St. Louis City limits, it's essentially the city- and not a nice part of it. 2nd shooter likely in the same 'crew' as the 1st shooter.

Remember we don't and won't know the whole story.

Maybe he was maybe he wasn't. Get me the security footage and then I'll hold judgement.

Until then, reasonable doubt

I considered my life at risk.
What more do you want?
This is all hypothetical. You and I weren't there.

Based on what (little) was reported, I'd like to see you argue that against some of the better lawyers prosecutors on this forum.

1. Did the person have the means to attack you?
2. Did the person vocally or by their actions indicate that they were going to attack you?
3. Were they in a position to do so?

If you meet all three of these qualifiers, you may have a case for the actions the man took.

Last edited:
1: Means? Yes he took my gun. Robbed me of my possession. As in I did not give it to him willingly.
2: Maybe. I'm guessing he didn't use ASL.
3: In a position. Like shark attack posture or the Missionary position?

Please have one of our legal team in for analysis. I'm sure they have nothing better to do on a holiday weekend.

And I'll leave you with the old saw.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

nd I'll leave you with the old saw.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Even if it means being perp-walked on all the 24 hour news channels, found guilty, stripped of all you own, and sentenced to 20 years in the Graybar Hotel to be Bubba's personal sex toy?

Back
Top Bottom