• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shootout and explosions in Paris...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read all the posts on this thread so this may have already been covered, but in my opinion the earlier waves of immigration were much more beneficial to this country than the current wave of illegals. Back in the 1800's and early 1900's was when a great deal of the European (Irish, Italian, German, etc) immigration occurred. The main difference between now and then is that when those people came they had two choices, work and assimilate or starve. There were no 'freebies' in the form of Social Security, Welfare, etc that are so easy to get now. The majority of past immigrants added to the country, the current waves, not so much. And, aside from the occasional communist or anarchist, back then we didn't have to worry about terrorists.

Greece has been supporting a welfare state for years, taking care of both foreign and Greek residents. Look where it got them? The country is on the verge of collapse, with their only hope, being another welfare check from the rest of the EU.

Who could/would bail out the US, without some terrible price attached? A dept to be repaid in more than simple cash.

Greece has been supporting a welfare state for years, taking care of both foreign and Greek residents. Look where it got them? The country is on the verge of collapse, with their only hope, being another welfare check from the rest of the EU.

Who could/would bail out the US, without some terrible price attached? A dept to be repaid in more than simple cash.

We could trade California.

Just saying...

When you let in a people that have completely different beliefs and values and they become the majority their beliefs and values will most likely be forced upon the minority. Sharia law anyone?

I don't understand people's desire for immigration. Sure we were once immigrants (so were the Indians if you look back far enough) but this is ours now.

There is no benefit to us in bringing in 3rd world cave men. I know they are not all terrorists, but some will be. Even if none are, letting them in here serves no purpose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Govt. wants poverty and dependency it's what helps them gain and keep power.
There isn't even a need to bring people in, just train people in that field with on the job training instead of requiring them to take several years of college and courses that have nothing to do with the field they are entering.

Regardless of whether theyre cavemen or terrorists or whatever, with real unemployment the way it is, and with the amount of people on taxpayer assistance, why let in a single person from anywhere? We're not obligated to take anyone in, and people outside the US dont have a RIGHT to be here. If we need engineers and there arent enough here now to meet the demand, allow enough people in who are qualified to fill an engineering position. If we need janitors, bring in people who are willing and qualified to be janitors. As of now, we're just importing poverty and dependency.

A question comes to mind whenever I hear about how we all came here as immigrants at some point. It's wholly unrelated to this discussion, but it is something I've wondered about at various times in my life as a matter of self-identity, so to speak. Would individuals who were brought to the United States as slaves be considered to be immigrants? They were transported as cargo and sold as property, which doesn't really fit the definition of immigration in my mind. I am descended from black slaves as confirmed by the magic of Ancestry.com, and as such I honestly don't know whether I can actually say that I am descended from immigrants or not.

You are an American and that's what matters, not how your ancestors got here.

A question comes to mind whenever I hear about how we all came here as immigrants at some point. It's wholly unrelated to this discussion, but it is something I've wondered about at various times in my life as a matter of self-identity, so to speak. Would individuals who were brought to the United States as slaves be considered to be immigrants? They were transported as cargo and sold as property, which doesn't really fit the definition of immigration in my mind. I am descended from black slaves as confirmed by the magic of Ancestry.com, and as such I honestly don't know whether I can actually say that I am descended from immigrants or not.

Well, yes it is. You're basically saying we have a duty to be just as crappy a place as the rest of the world. No, we don't.

Come on. That's not what in saying at all.

The UK has a population density of 666 / sq mile. (hey... that's a little scary...)

If we matched them we would have a population of 2,534,796,000.

That's 2.5 Billion, or more than five times our current population.

If you can't see a problem with that...

I didn't even suggest we should match them or anyone. I simply pointed out how not overcrowded we are.

What's wrong with the method that was used in the early 20th century? Everyone who came here were required to go through a process of immigration. Now they just come flowing in because they're 'refugees'??? Stop facing the wall and start critically thinking.

Check the links provided. They are not just flowing in unchecked. We are not like Germany. Please educate yourself on the process. For one, refugees are different then immigrants. Second the US has accepted only around 2,000 in the past three years, contrast to the 40,000 Germany accepted this year. You seem to be arguing against what they are doing (which I've also directly argued against) as if the US is the same. Ample info has been posting showing it is not. IF the US decided to just stop the vetting process and let in mass refugees, that would be a problem and is not something I support.

So what is wrong with a process like that? Nothing! That is the process! You are basing an argument off of something you think is happening but is simple not true.

To answer questions yes, I think I will vote for Bernie, at this point I don't give a flying **** about the people of this country. Since I don't carry 24 7 I am a liberal sheep. I can wait for this country to burn

Last edited:

You are an American and that's what matters, not how your ancestors got here.

Bottom line is you and your ancestors contribute[d]. The modern day immigrants of whatever flavor, not so much.

Come on. That's not what in saying at all. ... I didn't even suggest we should match them or anyone. I simply pointed out how not overcrowded we are. ...

But we ARE overcrowded.

The cities and regions surrounding the cities, honestly, just how bad do you WANT living conditions to be? Our metropolitan regions are frigging FULL already.

Rural areas. Enjoy the quality of life in New Hamster when the population density increases TEN FOLD, which would approximate that of New Jersey.

As for that, most of the desirable places to live are privately owned. Are we going to FORCE landowners to give up unoccupied land to build ghettos for the masses? BLM may own billions of acres of those deserts and tundras, but try living there with no roads, no power, no supermarkets, no jobs...

It simply isn't possible to allow the sheers numbers of immigrants that need places to go.

It isn't reasonable to allow ANY person into this country unless it directly benefits those already citizens of this country. It isn't enough that it sucks where they come from. Benefit US and come here in numbers that can reasonably be absorbed. You know, like this stuff USED to be handled.

To answer questions yes, I think I will vote for Bernie, at this point I don't give a flying funk about the people of this country. Since I don't carry 24 7 I am a liberal sheep. I can wait for this country to burn
Na, man it not that. it was this that was little over the top. SANDERS 2016 !!!!

it must suck to live in fear of dying everyday

Last edited:

Interesting. I can't claim that. Also don't have any slave owners in my ancestry.com. But if I were you, I'd like to know what my great great great great grandfather was purchased for. Depending on the price you might have some bragging rights or have to hide in shame.

All kidding aside, you are an American. Just like all other Americans. What do you mean by self identity? I'm German descent. And some Irish. And out side of always deciding between drinking and fighting, I don't identify with Germans or Irish.

...It isn't reasonable to allow ANY person into this country unless it directly benefits those already citizens of this country. It isn't enough that it sucks where they come from. Benefit US and come here in numbers that can reasonably be absorbed. You know, like this stuff USED to be handled.

The places they are coming from suck for a reason. The people who live there make it that way. America was a great place to live. It still is better than most. It was/is that way for a reason, the people who live here. There's nothing magical about the land in the middle of North America. The way of life, the values shared by its people, their courage, their hard work, with the correct incentives in place gave us what we have today, or what we had not so long ago depending on your point of view. There's nothing cursed about those other places.The people who live there and their values, what they honor and what they look down their noses at, their lack of courage, the wrong incentives in place, all add up to what they have over seas. Bring them here en mass, and you are importing that defective culture. Concentrate it enough, and you start to have places that resemble those other lands more than the United States.

The places they are coming from suck for a reason. The people who live there make it that way. America was a great place to live. It still is better than most. It was/is that way for a reason, the people who live here. There's nothing magical about the land in the middle of North America. The way of life, the values shared by its people, their courage, their hard work, with the correct incentives in place gave us what we have today, or what we had not so long ago depending on your point of view. There's nothing cursed about those other places.The people who live there and their values, what they honor and what they look down their noses at, their lack of courage, the wrong incentives in place, all add up to what they have over seas. Bring them here en mass, and you are importing that defective culture. Concentrate it enough, and you start to have places that resemble those other lands more than the United States.

Bingo
I liken it to those up north complaining about M*******s migrating up there to escape the mess they made and f*cking it up all over again in their new location.
These people have no desire whatsoever to become Americans.
Wherever they go they just set up an annex of the shithole they came from.
Other countries are finding this lesson out the hard way.
But we're not going to learn from their mistakes?
I've know and worked with a lot of people that have come immigrated here to live out the American dream.
They love it here, and enjoy the freedom and a fighting chance for a better life.

These folks?

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer questions yes, I think I will vote for Bernie, at this point I don't give a flying funk about the people of this country. Since I don't carry 24 7 I am a liberal sheep. I can wait for this country to burn

You don't give a "flying funk" about the people of this country and you can't wait for this country to burn! WTF! You sound like a perfect ISIS candidate. Way to American up there Boghog1.

Sounds like quitting is more your style than mine. Could be that you're the one not liking what you're reading!

correct absolutely disgusted with people excluding people based on a race or religion, I guess it is okay if the correct side does it but not when a different side does.

correct absolutely disgusted with people excluding people based on a race or religion, I guess it is okay if the correct side does it but not when a different side does.

Horse crap! No real American turns their back on America because of the opinions of some people. Maybe for you it's more a case of easy come, easy go.

To answer questions yes, I think I will vote for Bernie, at this point I don't give a flying **** about the people of this country. Since I don't carry 24 7 I am a liberal sheep. I can wait for this country to burn

You are entitled with your opinion, Which is what we are all in for here.

But you sound just like obama, you know, without sugar coating, fancy terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom