Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

Nice shooting. That stove pipe was a bitch.
That Jam happened on the third stage of the day out of 11. It took about 20 seconds to get back to shooting. I thought for sure it would ruin my chances of winning the division. I hung in there and focused on winning stages, and I did win 7 of them.

I think I should have had 9 stage wins...
I would bet significant money that some of the other PCC Shooters had false stage times, due do inexperienced range officers running the timer -not close enough or in the right position to record shots with the quieter than pistol pccs.

Is it jamming in training?

Nope. Not a once. Initially after first assembling this thing I had some feeding problems that were easily corrected with magazine tweaks.

It's possible that as I transition hard from right to left I pull the stock off my shoulder causing the FTE, but "limp wristing" it purposely for 200 rounds only caused one such malfunction.

Great shooting. I would think its ammo related, maybe chewed up range brass. Chasing malfunctions that are this infrequent are the worst.

What was with all the DQs there? I heard there was a bad start and they purposely had a RO positioned to DQ people

I think you're probably right about the chewed up range brass.

I don't know for a fact, but I got the feeling many of the ROs were green. The bad start position was a turn then draw with arms down, the first target for a right handed shooter was at 170° over their right shoulder. To make it more interesting it was start outside the area with heels on the fault line (2x2) so the was a slight tripping caution as they turned and stepped in.

There were 13 stages, and 13 different start positions for PCC. (Not as varied for pistol) It was confusing for shooters and ROs to get them right. I feel that the MD should have streamlined those.

After months of nothing but PCC, I'm back to shooting pistols in competition.

With no practice whatsoever, and squadded with the local Open heat, I had a sloppy day here. Speed was good, but points suffered. Sloppy draws, find-the-dot dance, trigger freeze...

Monson USPSA Aug 26, 2018 | PractiScore

Iron sights here. Made myself focus hard on the A zones and good trigger presses. I shot more points than Mason, so I did something right.

Hopkinton USPSA Sept 2018 | PractiScore

Back to Open, everything felt good, I did well. Need to get back into dryfiring to get my draw time back up

Granby Action Shooters USPSA Sep 02, 2018 | PractiScore

Area 8 Championship match. I came in 19th overall, and 12th Open. 80% of overall winner.

An interesting thing: Last year I won PCC division at this match, and came in 16th overall at 78% of overall winner. Some guy whom I do not know, Ian, was 2nd PCC and 3% behind me. This year Ian again competed in PCC division and took that division win, but also 18th overall at less than .3% over myself (in Open division)

Last season I was heavily invested in PCC division, while this season I shot Limited up until only 5 weeks ago and recently switched to Open. I feel I have a lot of room to improve my Open game. This match was lots of fun and I just shot at my comfort level, pushing just a little were I felt safe. I think Open will be my game for all of next season.

EGW Area 8 Championship | PractiScore

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNtQ4Mh6CQ

My view of todays pew pews
This was the third annual Metro Swat Top Gun training day (USPSA-ish) match
Myself and about a dozen USPSA dudes, we have held a match for the local SWAT team guys to test their abilities against some of us competition Gamers. This is the first time that a SWAT team member has won...... he just happens to be a USPSA Master class shooter.

Back
Top Bottom