Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

Has YouTube pulled ads from gun related videos?

In case you've been wondering where all the annoying ads on these videos have gone: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...ube-gun-channels-danger-disappearing-forever/

Apparently Youtube's automated rating system has flagged all gun related videos on YouTube as restricted material, and thus no longer eligible for monetization. There is no indication from YouTube if this is a temporary change or a permanent one.

missed excrutiathlon, but still got some of my own shooting in today, working on reviewing some of the stuff I picked up in the guerilla approach class I took recently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I worked on some mini drills. I am recording times and accuracy on some basic tests so I can compare my proficiency with different pistols. notably, iron sights vs red dot
Here are some bill drills at 25 yards

Slaying with the SBR PCC

overall win at the GMPS 2017 Vermontster USPSA match

That's pretty rad. Are PCC's their own class in USPSA?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, would you share a pic and setup of that little blaster?

That's pretty rad. Are PCC's their own class in USPSA?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, would you share a pic and setup of that little blaster?

Yes PCC are their own division.
Within USPSA their are 8 divisions, officially a overall winner is not recognized. If you have a production division gun (pistol), you compete only against other in production division. Open shooters have often said only overall match standings matter, but now that pcc is a thing and a real threat to overall standings, some open shooters are butthurt.

registered SBR. generic AR15 lower, top load Hahn precision magblock, modified uzi mags, Taccom 3d printed +10 for 42 round mags, CMMG 8.5" barrel and bolt, taccom comp, rainer upper, CMore slideride, chrimson trace green frickin laser beamz, Timney 3lb. Recoil system consists of a KynSHOT hydraulic buffer, 308 carbine spring along with a Smalley CS100-H7 spring and a custom sized spacer inside an A5 intermediate tube.

Last edited:
Yes PCC are their own division.
Within USPSA their are 8 divisions, officially a overall winner is not recognized. If you have a production division gun (pistol), you compete only against other in production division. Open shooters have often said only overall match standings matter, but now that pcc is a thing and a real threat to overall standings, some open shooters are butthurt.

registered SBR. generic AR15 lower, top load Hahn precision magblock, modified uzi mags, Taccom 3d printed +10 for 42 round mags, CMMG 8.5" barrel and bolt, taccom comp, rainer upper, CMore slideride, chrimson trace green frickin laser beamz, Timney 3lb. Recoil system consists of a KynSHOT hydraulic buffer, 308 carbine spring along with a Smalley CS100-H7 spring and a custom sized spacer inside an A5 intermediate tube.

It has been a while since I have shot a USPSA match, I had no idea that this was a thing. You may have just re-sparked my interest. I have never really cared about scoring, I just liked the day on the range and that looks like a lot of fun.

You use a red dot and a frickin laser?

It has been a while since I have shot a USPSA match, I had no idea that this was a thing. You may have just re-sparked my interest. I have never really cared about scoring, I just liked the day on the range and that looks like a lot of fun.

You use a red dot and a frickin laser?

The laser has its place, it doesn't even get turned on for all stages, but its handy for 7 yards and in on small A zones, because the hold over on the cmore is 2+ inches at that range, and its great for any weak hand/shoulder work.

The laser has its place, it doesn't even get turned on for all stages, but its handy for 7 yards and in on small A zones, because the hold over on the cmore is 2+ inches at that range, and its great for any weak hand/shoulder work.

I have wanted a 9mm gun for backyard fun, maybe a 10.5" 9mm clone of my short 556 gun will make a fun winter project. I just read the PCC rules, shame you can't use suppressors.

I have wanted a 9mm gun for backyard fun, maybe a 10.5" 9mm clone of my short 556 gun will make a fun winter project. I just read the PCC rules, shame you can't use suppressors.

The timer wouldn't pick up most of the shots so it kind of defeats the purpose.

I just read the PCC rules, shame you can't use suppressors.

#shot timer problems

there is not enough pressure / gas for a comp to do much on a 9mm, the ones we run are more for shot timer reliability than anything else.

bigblue will be along, he dabbled in the PCC game

#shot timer problems

there is not enough pressure / gas for a comp to do much on a 9mm, the ones we run are more for shot timer reliability than anything else.

I recall that issue from watching people shoot steel challenge with .22's. I was going to ask about the comp's effectiveness, if I decide to play I will have to figure out something that is easily removable for suppressor use in the backyard.

Now I am looking at 9mm barrels. ****ing NES. [laugh]

LOL
There isn't a ton of gas to work the comp since its straight blowback and an 8" bbl. However, if you have a good charge of powder in the round and the holes in the comp are appropriate, it does have a small but noticeable effect on muzzle rise. That is relative to the weight and balance of the PCC as a whole.

I have 3-4 PCC's. Two have JP's 9mm comp and one has a linear comp. There is a difference but it's still 9mm: The recoil is from the heavy bolt moving not from the massive blast of the round. You can mitigate that to a certain extent by using JP's lighter bolt carrier and come up with a pretty flat shooting carbine.

Throw a bumpfire stock on it and you end up with 900-1,000 rpm and a pretty fun bullet hose.

[video=youtube_share;m-E2uFSHaHU]http://youtu.be/m-E2uFSHaHU[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube_share;spHQYDvO9J8]http://youtu.be/spHQYDvO9J8[/video]

So did anybody take that class seriously, or did the whole squad walk around like stoners and no sense of urgency the entire time.

Zero sense of intensity or professionalism going on there. You guys look like you're walking up to order a non-fat latte at Starbucks, not stacking up on a door you're about to breach.

the older guy is pretty good, the other two were pretty slow and i think hungover on that day. i had to tell them what to do a few times, they were a little indecisive. that said on the outside of the building it was f*** off and figure out the plan time, the clock didnt start until we made initial breach, plus it was a level one class we were focusing on meaningful reps more than going fast. i would have liked to have traveled there with dudes i shoot with regularly but everybody i know up here is either too busy, too poor, or not interested, so i do stuff like drive to florida by myself and shoot with complete strangers. I met some cool dudes, civilian guys who have a civilian readiness group down there, they've been active during the hurricanes etc working alongside local LE, they were squared away, my group was alright.

i would have liked to have traveled there with dudes i shoot with regularly but everybody i know up here is either too busy, too poor, or not interested, so i do stuff like drive to florida by myself and shoot with complete strangers.

I mean, in my (our) defense, most normal people need a little bit more of a heads up to do this kind of thing. Next year will be lit, tho.

Back
Top Bottom