• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

Here is a pic of the barrel with the rod measurement marks on either side (gold) and a 64gr tracer for reference. It's exactly the length of one bullet, removing the possibility of a squib situation.

image.jpg

Also, on the upside, despite the entire left side of the upper disintegrating, my Leupold MRT and LaRue QD mount seem to have escaped relatively unscathed. The rear QD lever with the sliding lock lost a chip, but that's it. The scope and mount were still attached to the upper's rail afterwards, I removed them after.

The complete lower also seems fine. Take down pins still come out smooth with light presses. Trigger group, safety and mag catch are fine. I did snap the thumb button off the bolt catch. Not surprising since the left side of the upper is literally gone. Stock, buffer, etc all fine. I should be able to slap a new bolt catch into it, add a complete upper, move my rail over to the new upper and be good to go.

Last edited:
The bolt carrier split up the middle like that is pretty impressive. I would never have guessed it would fail like that.

Tomorrow I'll pull a WCC case, see how much 846 I can fit in it if I fill it to the top and weigh that charge out. Then I'll try to seat a bullet and measure the OAL. That'll tell me what the worst case overcharge is.

I hate not knowing what the root cause was.

Last edited:
I've been poking around, its going to be another BCM complete upper. Likely and 18" instead of the 16".

This time around I think I'll replace the barrel and BCG when I hit 10k rounds and just put them away as spares. Because now I'm paranoid.

I've been poking around, its going to be another BCM complete upper. Likely and 18" instead of the 16".

This time around I think I'll replace the barrel and BCG when I hit 10k rounds and just put them away as spares. Because now I'm paranoid.

This makes me feel like an ass for not tracking my ammo counts very well.

Was quite the scene for sure. One moment your laying lead down range and the next minute I look over to the tracer burning from the hole that was your upper Reciever. Just glad you're ok man, might have to postpone the night shoot until there are some more agreeable temperatures!

Shot in a mini indoor match today. I have my son shooting my G34 this year to get him ready for the area 7 in July. He started off not liking it but ended up beating me again and finishing 4th overall. Hopefully a couple hours with Cloverleaf training this Saturday will get him even better.
[video=youtube_share;wjZNUDxj_eI]http://youtu.be/wjZNUDxj_eI[/video]

Last Saturday we had a chance to get a few hours training with Cloverleaf Firearms, as you guys know Stu just gets it and is an excellent instructor. My son really appreciated all he learned. A few times this week after I got home from work he asked if he could do reload drills and of course I let him. We went to get some practice today , I set up a few different courses and finished with fun practice drill. 5 yds ,4 targets each one gets 2 ,reload X 2 . I figured we'd get some live fire reload practice in while re engaging targets. He started with a 12.4 then wiped the floor with me and one of my friends nailing a 10.4 and a 10.7. I think I'll ban him from guns from now on.
[video=youtube_share;6z6xTOLM28U]http://youtu.be/6z6xTOLM28U[/video]
[video=youtube_share;VYYYUD9cwhc]http://youtu.be/VYYYUD9cwhc[/video]

Back
Top Bottom