Shooting/Training and Gun Videos, post them here.

i wish we got the tactical mexican carry SIRT action in there. [laugh]

at the risk of gaying this thread up more than we already have....My camera was in my range bag right in the truck, and I know there were several others close by, why nobody got that on camera is beyond me. Especially some wanker going Costa prone on the kitchen floor.[rofl]

Damn you guys don't mess around, very impressive effort you guys put in with your training

Thanks man, I was bitching to them the next day that I wasn't really feeling it on the range. The fact that it was as hot as satans taint coupled with a late night beforehand made for some low speed high drag operating on my part.

I still have more video, but it's just crazy time consuming to chop it right meow.

Most of my footage looks the same as yours and snack's, so I will save everyone the bandwidth of posting it here. If I come across anything that makes me look particularly cool or interesting I will share it.

Looking forward to do this again, hopefully in more comfortable weather. I can deal with a hangover, or oppressive heat, both at the same time and I become even more useless then I already am.

- - - Updated - - -

And you guys wondered why I was gonna sleep in the driveway!!!!!

LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
What state were we in again? Dub

Good god. There I am eating my eggs and hash browns, watching Frenchman do an admirable job of hitting on the waitress, discussing pooping in the field, yet internally screaming to myself tnat we were now about 3 ****ing hours away from pew pew time.
Bastards.

Good god. There I am eating my eggs and hash browns, watching Frenchman do an admirable job of hitting on the waitress, discussing pooping in the field, yet internally screaming to myself tnat we were now about 3 ****ing hours away from pew pew time.
Bastards.

[rofl]

Completely off topic but was curious enough to ask, do any of you guys do malfunction drills? I have a bunch of yellow plastic rounds I mix in with my handun mags and try to do at least 3 mags worth of malfunction drills when I go to my Bro in laws pit. I have him load 12 plastic rounds mixed in with my 3 17 round mags, I been trying to get better but find myself paying too much attention to the malfunction rather than Tapping, racking and getting back up on target at first but after a few reps I get better.

Completely off topic but was curious enough to ask, do any of you guys do malfunction drills? I have a bunch of yellow plastic rounds I mix in with my handun mags and try to do at least 3 mags worth of malfunction drills when I go to my Bro in laws pit. I have him load 12 plastic rounds mixed in with my 3 17 round mags, I been trying to get better but find myself paying too much attention to the malfunction rather than Tapping, racking and getting back up on target at first but after a few reps I get better.

Not off topic at all. I dont' do malfunction drills nearly as often as I should, and bravo to you for doing them. I use dummy rounds from this guy:http://stores.ebay.com/snapcapemporium/

I like the metal more than the plastic, so if I run them through a hot gun, I don't have to worry about them leaving residue, and the shitty aluminum Azoom caps get beat up pretty easy cycling through the gun a few times.

You don't necessarily have to run the duds as a surprise to get better, as I found that doing the reps is what makes builds the skill. Try loading 3 rounds in each mag, one round of each being a dummy, then shoot them. You won't be surprised, but depending on the number of mags you have, you can get a bunch reps to build the muscle memory while burning minimal rounds of ammo; hell, you can even run malfunctions as a dry fire drill in your living room.

Here's a video with a pretty good look at a solid malfunction clearance routine:

It starts with the premise of an uncommon malfunction, but the dude goes through the process step by step, then shows how it works. Side Note: Stephen Pineau at M3 strategies is a great follow on youtube, solid shooter.

Here's a look at several runs on a 2 man transitions drill with movement and communication. There are some choice words at points, so keep the volume down if you're at work or with the kids.[smile]

Here's a look at several runs on a 2 man transitions drill with movement and communication. There are some choice words at points, so keep the volume down if you're at work or with the kids.[smile]

[laugh] i was hoping that part would have landed on the cutting room floor.

first my gun was literally full of sand, then i couldn't hit shit, and on top of that i was sloppy as hell by that point.

From a purely gaming side of it, I never practice malfunctions. If I have a malfunction in practice, I stop, diagnose the issue and then fix it. If I can't figure out then problem, then the gun doesn't get used. Most of the time they are easy to fix, its the 1 in 200 rounds problems that drive me nuts.

If I have a malfunction in a match, you just work through it. They aren't very complicated.

The best reason for loading dummy rounds isn't dealing with malfunctions, that's the side benefit. The primary advantage is finding out if you're still raping the trigger, flinching or pushing the gun while firing.

If you're out with a bunch of buddies, load each other's mags throughout the day and mix dummy rounds in randomly.

Back
Top Bottom