• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting Reported at High School in Santa Clarita, California

Very interesting that there are so many "unregistered" AR rifles being found in California in spite of the state's attempts to disarm the people.

Personally, I think there are a lot of Californians that had a come to Jesus moment during the LA riots and understood what it is like to be defenseless when it is critically important.

The state loves saying they got another "dangerous" weapon out of the hands of a mass murderer. It's not the weapon...people make weapons work.

It IS interesting, but I’m not sure about your thesis. The LA Riots were a long time ago, before AWB and therefore before the big demand for Evil Killy Gunzz. I was living there during and after the riots, and I certainly don’t recall anyone giving more of a shit about RKBA after than they had before.

What I think we’re seeing out there is just part of the normal demand curve. I’ll explain.

My dad, a lifelong Southern Californian, bought a gun in the late ‘60s when he got married and bought a home. He’s NOT a gun guy at all, but Californians of a certain generation believe it’s good to have a gun in the garage because when The Earthquake happens, you’ll need protection for a couple days until the police can restore order.

Well and good. But? He locked the gun in a drawer, untouched for decades, and to this day it has never once been fired. It’s a Hawes .22 LR, a Colt SAA clone of shoddy workmanship.

I believe the trend merely shifted from the easiest-to-get weapon of the ‘60s to the easiest-to-get weapon of the 2000s. CA has since clamped down, but those guns are still out there.

A textbook case of a Copy Cat mass killing planned within two weeks of a widely publicized mass killing. "Since a student opened fire at Saugus High School and killed two of his classmates in mid-November, Los Angeles authorities have responded to multiple school shooting threats, Villanueva said." The media reminded potential mass killers to get themselves an AR15, 10rd+ mags, lots of ammo and draw a map of the planned event in advance - good job making tomorrow's killers fit the desired meme. This time the plot was interrupted when the subtle signs (a student saying he planned to kill others) were acted upon. It sounds like a search warrant was procured - must have been too much probably cause for a Red Flag ERPO? An arrest was made so due process will be followed.

This *might* have been a disruption of a mass killing done right by schools and law enforcement. *Might* as the mention of an adult arrested on the same charges, mention of an "unregistered" AR15 with SN, makes me wonder if the kid even had access to the firearm - it might have just been one of millions of firearms in CA owned by someone who didn't comply with CA's ever-encroaching gun laws. It the AR15 were registered, what good would that have served in this case?

And it *might* have been an unpopular misfit that had once made a comment about Dad's rifle, and somebody seized the opportunity to eff him.

Or he was a nut that was about to pop his top and waste a bunch of kids.

Back
Top Bottom