Shooting Range May Be Sued After Gun Theft

You have to kinda wonder what was going through his head.... so calm... just wanders in... wanders out... in full view of cameras....

Yep, theres likely no legal ground for them to stand on but just saying they will gives them press. So the cops taser stopped a bullet?

I wouldn't say there is no grounds. I do however believe crimestoppers has zero grounds for their suit, the cop who was shot likely has grounds.

My Guess would be that the taser didn't stop the bullet, it would be that the bullet hit the taser (and kept going or was deflected)... The fact that it says that it hit his taser and that he wasn't injured (as opposed to some type of blunt force trauma), makes me think that the round would have missed him completely if the taser wasn't on his belt. Still, close freaken call.

The article said that the range didn't even check his id. The article might be wrong, of course. If not, then the range is, well, dumb.

looks to me like the range dropped the ball by not checking or keeping this guys id, until at least they got the weapons back from rental. if they did, as soon as they noticed them missing, they would have been able to notify athorities of what had happened, unless their paperwork is so shoddy from the beginning, they sat on it so as not to open a bigger can of worms....persay

I wouldn't say there is no grounds. I do however believe crimestoppers has zero grounds for their suit, the cop who was shot likely has grounds.

No I agree, and dont think I would blame the cop. They should do more to protect their property as in check ID, if I rent a golf cart they usually hold my license.

did the guy have to leave an id with the staff like at AFS?

Thats the amazing part. The range didn't even look at an ID before giving him two rental guns.

Lets forget about it being a gun for a moment. Would you rent out two items worth $500 ea and not get any ID??
That tells me they are simply idiots. Its just bad business.

Its also bad for gun people because it makes us look like a bunch of yahoos and invites the kind of pointless knee-jerk legislation that serves no purpose

And Crimestoppers has standing to sue in this case because...?

Because they're anti gun moonbats and thats what they do? lol. (although the guy gave some lip service about saying everyone has the right to carry a gun, blah blah... but I bet when pressed one would find out they are antis)

-Mike

Thats the amazing part. The range didn't even look at an ID before giving him two rental guns.

Lets forget about it being a gun for a moment. Would you rent out two items worth $500 ea and not get any ID??
That tells me they are simply idiots. Its just bad business.

Its also bad for gun people because it makes us look like a bunch of yahoos and invites the kind of pointless knee-jerk legislation that serves no purpose

I agree that is a pretty stupid move on their part. It's also bad news for the range when the ATF finds out about it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom