• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting pnats leg zipper repair - Help

My son has a match this weekend and one of the leg zippers on his shooting pants broke. We have been to seamstress's in Woburn and Winchester no dice. We can send them back to Champions Choice they will fix it for free but they send the pants out to someone else so that would be one to two weeks. Any suggestions?

My son has a match this weekend and one of the leg zippers on his shooting pants broke. We have been to seamstress's in Woburn and Winchester no dice. We can send them back to Champions Choice they will fix it for free but they send the pants out to someone else so that would be one to two weeks. Any suggestions?

can they not do it in the time you need?? or can't/won't take on the job. seamstresses generally quote 1-2 weeks as they have to order the zipper--- might be a multiple safety pin fix after he puts them on

What are the pants made of? Is the zipper a fly or pocket or some sort of compression thing? I replaced a couple jacket zippers including one on a leather jacket and they aren't all that difficult. I watched my ex put a zipper in a pair of jeans and it only took her a few minutes. If you had the zipper a seamstress or alteration place or even maybe a dry cleaner should be able to handle it. When all else fails, super tacky glue and Velcro to the rescue.

Try a leather shop. There was a place in Revere that helped me out once, Biker's Outfitters in Revere.

Also, US Made Leather in Middleton. I'd call first and see if they can turn it around quickly.

Otherwise, Duct Tape.

I was wondering the same thing, any pics so I can understand what you're talking about. No sarcasm intended......

None taken. Email from my wife below to my sons coach summing up her efforts yesterday. Thank you all for the information. I will summerize all the responses and forward to the admins. It should make a nice sticky for others with this situation.

I had success at Burlington Expert Tailoring with Mor Sene at 264 Cambridge Street 978.335.4416. He is a master Tailor and also does upolstery work, so has the heavy duty long zippers in stock. He even had the two-way pull zipper and had them in metal as well as plastic. He was a peach when I told him I needed it by this Friday mid day! I did switch to metal figuring it would be more durable than the plastic, given the weight of the canvas. Also, FYI, when I called and spoke to the folks at Champion Choice, which I think is a vendor Mike got from you, they were very nice to work with. They offered to replace the zipper if we mailed the pants back to them, with a 1-2 week turn around time, or give us a $20 dollar refund. So their $20 is going toward the $35 replacement...not bad and if the other leg zipper fails, they will do the same $20 refund. I dealt with Heather and the first thing she said to me when I told her about the teeth coming off the zipper was "oh, we've been having problems with the zippers." So we are not the first and she admitted to me that they had them made overseas..

issftrousers.jpg

Zipper hospital in Worcester. They do great work. bring your gun, not a great area.
They do real good work on zippers and leather. They fixed a tear in a leather coat for a friend of mine and you can not see the repair

Address

1025 Main St
Worcester, Massachusetts 01603

Phone (508) 756-0142

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom