• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

-

If the town doesn't want you to shoot, they'll figure out a way to stop you. In my case the police and building depts. said yes but the conservation dept. said I had to prove that the lead from bullets would not pollute the ground water now or in the future. How can anyone prove what will happen in the future?

was there any way to litigate or was that the end of the story?

was there any way to litigate or was that the end of the story?
Backwards. He should just start shooting and let the ConCom find a legal way to try and stop him. The activity is legal. Asking permission was the mistake. Never ask ConCom anything because the answer is always "no" or some variation of that. They always think there are two spotted blue/green transgender toad/salamander hybrids in every puddle.

I had some similar questions recently and missed this thread when I created the other:

haha honestly if I can set up a small range here legally I dont mind if some of you guys stop by on occasion and shoot for free as long as you let me know beforehand, but before any kind of range begins to be built I need to make sure its legal first.

@freewillie my town is pretty far away from a city so I shouldnt have any problems with "x" amount of yards within city limits laws.

I still need to make sure of any laws in my town first though, Massachusetts laws can be a bitch..
hey! I’m in milford MA, and my fathers friend owns a chunk of land in upton that we’ve been shooting .22s on.
Ma law says that you can shoot 500 feet away from another “dwelling”. I’m not sure about city stuff, I haven’t found anything on their website that pertains to that sort of thing, only firearms licensing.

Back
Top Bottom