• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting on private property.

Medic-554

NES Member
Would anyone happen to know where I can find out
The laws for Oxford of wether or not you can shoot
On private property? Thanks for the help

Don't know if it's changed since then, but about 25 years ago I was told that there is a town ordinance against it by one of Oxfords finest.

I live in Oxford and occasionally shoot on private property. Only thing I do is call ahead to local pd because all the neighbors call them.

We used to shoot in a sand pit in N. Oxford behind the cemetery near the the high school when I was a kid. Never an issue. Now the PD dept is right near there...odds are it's not the same.

Course, I used to leave my guns in the truck at school too during classtime.....odds are thats not the same either!

Near is very vague. Also, it does not specify if it matters if you own the dwelling or have permission from the owner(s).

Looking at it there appears to be no penalty. So the most they could do is tell you to stop.

<caveat> I don't live in Oxford and haven't read the entire bylaws to find if there is a "standard" penalty if one is not identified.</caveat>

Thanks everyone. Just as I thought. Vague....very very vague. I plan on going to the local PD and inquiring. I just wanted to be able to if they where lying or not or possibly didn't know there own town laws.

Thanks everyone. Just as I thought. Vague....very very vague. I plan on going to the local PD and inquiring. I just wanted to be able to if they where lying or not or possibly didn't know there own town laws.

Please report back with their response. I was wondering about this myself.

Back
Top Bottom