• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

shooting on private property

An acquaintance of mine told me i could shoot on his 15 acre property in west bridgewater. If i have written permission from him and im more than 500 ft away from other houses, am i in the clear to shoot?
Its only temporary until i join a club. Just been busy...

Yeah im afraid of "tinfoilers" i dont know if it will be worth the aggravation.
Pretty sad its coming to this...one loud bang and the fun police are on there way

Have him write you a "permission slip", as written permission is required. And as Mike said, make sure you have a safe and proper backstop.

Oh, one thing. When did you say we we're all meeting there? I missed that part. I need to try out the ammo I got for my 44mag today. [laugh]

Don't forget, if a neighbor calls the police about hearing gunshots ( and they will) the police will have to respond. I shoot on private property and call the police dispatch every time I shoot to avoid the police having to come out when someone calls. The same darn people will call every time even if they know you have the right to shoot on private property. They actually appreciate me calling because they don't need to waste time checking.

Don't forget, if a neighbor calls the police about hearing gunshots ( and they will) the police will have to respond. I shoot on private property and call the police dispatch every time I shoot to avoid the police having to come out when someone calls. The same darn people will call every time even if they know you have the right to shoot on private property. They actually appreciate me calling because they don't need to waste time checking.

This is excellent advice that could save you a ton of BS when the cops do respond from calls. If they know in advance they can just tell the caller they are aware of the situation already.

Back
Top Bottom