Shooting off their mouths: Gun-carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after stop-frisk

The cops frisked the men anyway — with one officer later saying he would fall back on the “I was in fear of my safety’’ defense if questioned, a source said.

Thats sort of like the "he was coming right at me" excuse

Gun-carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after stop-frisk ruling - NYPOST.com

Shooting off their mouths: Gun-carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after stop-frisk ruling

EXCLUSIVE

Thugs with guns think they’re the ones calling the shots on the streets in the wake of the anti-NYPD stop-and-frisk ruling.

“You can’t stop me! You can’t do that no more! There are new rules!” suspect Steven Sidbury, 21, allegedly yelled at officers as they approached him in crime-riddled East New York last week.

The cops walked over to Sidbury when they spotted a suspiciously heavy object in the pocket of his hoodie outside 225 Wortman Ave. in Brooklyn just before midnight Thursday.

He taunted them over stop-and-frisk, then ran and tripped — and a loaded .38-caliber revolver dropped out of his jacket, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

Firearms seized by the NYPD in the largest seizure of illegal guns in the city's history on August 19. The operation, which involved an undercover agent buying guns that were smuggled from North Carolina and South Carolina, yielded over 250 guns. ninteen people have been charged in the operation.
Sidbury was arrested — his third weapons bust in three years.

“This is just what you’re going to see more of — people are going to be more arrogant and brazen, and they’re not going to be afraid of the police,’’ said a source familiar with the case.

Cops in the troubled 40th Precinct in The Bronx also griped that criminals have been openly jeering them — even in front of their precinct — over this month’s Manhattan federal-court ruling against stop-and-frisk.

Officers responding to a call about three suspects with guns on 138th Street across from the station house around 7 p.m. Saturday saw a trio matching their description, sources said.

The suspects ran into a building, where one turned around at the stairwell and hissed at the cops, “You ain’t stop[ping] me! You ain’t gonna frisk me! No more stop-and-frisks! Whatcha gonna do?”

The cops frisked the men anyway — with one officer later saying he would fall back on the “I was in fear of my safety’’ defense if questioned, a source said.

No weapons were recovered. But cops believe it’s because the perps simply had time to hide them.

“They’re not stupid. They stash [guns] quick,’’ a source said.

Several hours earlier, cops in the 40th Precinct spotted a guy wearing a hooded sweat shirt on the 85-degree day at 141st Street and Cypress Avenue. The man appeared to be casing a would-be robbery victim, a source said.

When a cop approached, he shouted, “You can’t be stopping me, yo! The cops can’t be harassing us!’’

He was still frisked. No gun was recovered.

One source predicted that there will be more bloodshed in the streets as criminals fearlessly carry their weapons instead of stashing them somewhere — and fire in the heat of the moment.

“They’re going to carry their guns, and if they get into a fight, they’re going to shoot right away,’’ the source warned.

“Every single [perp] I have encountered is very happy about the ruling,’’ a Manhattan police source said.

“It is a very common thought now amongst perps that stop-question-and-frisk infringes on their rights to carry concealed guns.”

[email protected]

people are going to be more arrogant and brazen, and they’re not going to be afraid of the police

So cops have their panties in a twist because they repeatedly violated the constitutional rights of others and now some of those same victims aren't as intimidated? And typical police fashion, they continue to violate constitutional rights, in violation of the court ruling, and then conspire to lie about the reason for the search later.

Sorry, but between this, the dog shootings, the deaths from tasings, beatings, and shootings of innocents, the profession of law enforcement has fallen so far as to be almost unrecognizable...

What's the word? Ah, cordwood.

they didnt even find any guns for the article, even illegally searching... jeez

Sidbury was arrested — his third weapons bust in three years.

but we need MORE laws? got it

wouldn't be NY if they weren't passing laws making it easier for $hitbags to continue criminal activity meanwhile more difficult for lawful citizens to own guns. Retards.

carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after stop-frisk

I hope the NYPD stops "harassing" criminals, then sits back and watches the animals destroy the city.

Shooting off their mouths: Gun-carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after st...

Too bad these thugs don't understand the concept of reasonable suspicion.

Thats sort of like the "he was coming right at me" excuse

Gun-carrying criminals taunting NYPD cops after stop-frisk ruling - NYPOST.com

"cops said they saw a heavy object in the suspects pocket" don't these dumb ass criminals know what a holster is for? or maybe it was a load of shit keeping him from pulling his pants up.

Only his THIRD weapons charge in three years. Where's Bloomturd and the judges that are supposed to be locking these banger's up? Revolving door justice I suppose.

Only his THIRD weapons charge in three years. Where's Bloomturd and the judges that are supposed to be locking these banger's up? Revolving door justice I suppose.

It's part of the "Catch & Release" program which ensures lifetime job security for the cops, lawyers, judges, clerks, bailiffs, guards, DA's, bail bondsmen etc. Without a steady supply of criminals on the streets they'd be unemployed.

It's part of the "Catch & Release" program which ensures lifetime job security for the cops, lawyers, judges, clerks, bailiffs, guards, DA's, bail bondsmen etc. Without a steady supply of criminals on the streets they'd be unemployed.

That's what the "War on Drugs" is for...

jack1.jpg

I'm telling ya, this country needs an enema.

this whole article is fiction, written up at the kitchen table to meet a deadline after a day of loafing

They are too busy locking up medical students from Georgia who try to check their legally owned weapons at the Empire State building.

wouldn't be NY if they weren't passing laws making it easier for $hitbags to continue criminal activity meanwhile more difficult for lawful citizens to own guns. Retards.
If Steven Sidbury, the suspect who taunted the cops, was busted for weapons three times in three years, why is he still on the street? What happened to NY's strict gun laws and mandatory minimum 3.5 years sentences for illegal carry? Maybe they should enforce the laws they have before considering adding new ones. Reminds me of the so-called "Bartley-Fox" gun law here in MA.

Courts are throwing out cases for Stop and Frisk. This is probable cause?

State appeals court throws out Jeffrey Johnson gun conviction in stop-and-frisk case - NY Daily News

A state appeals court has thrown out a gun conviction in a stop-and-frisk case after finding cops didn’t have a legit reason to question the gunman in the first place.
In a 3-2 decision, a panel of state Appellate Division judges dismissed all charges against Jeffrey Johnson, who was found with a gun in his coat pocket in a Bronx housing project in 2007.
Two officers had testified that they questioned Johnson in the lobby of the unidentified NYCHA building because he “froze” when he saw them, “jerked back,” and appeared “as if he was going to go back up the stairs,” court papers say.

I say we get rid of all the guns... that way we won't need the police anymore. Guns are the cause of all crime in this country. [rofl]

Wow. Look at all the people in this thread who think that someone should go to jail simply because they have a gun they didn't ask permission to carry.

Anyone who supports the War on Drugs, sending people to prison for owning a gun without permission, or arresting people for having consensual sex for money does not understand or support liberty.

HERE HERE!

Back
Top Bottom