• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting Low Left

With irons, it also depends on the distance to the target. Close in, I keep both open 10-15y, I start squinting. With a red dot I keep both eyes open
Have you tried putting a piece of translucent tape (like the cloudy scotch tape) inside the non-shooting eye of your shooting glasses? You can leave that eye open and still see about as good as you can while squinting without the eye fatigue created by squinting the non-shooting eye. Or you could always try:
1c9aea03e0bef9243aa970856784e831ca383318_full.jpg

I rather be able to run around with both eyes open, only squinting for the few targets that need it, then blocking my vision the entire time

I had the same problem with my VP9. Try to pull the trigger very very slowly at a very constant speed.
5 seconds from start to bang.
That helped me.

Also, if you have no magazine disconnect safety, run one into the pipe, remove the mag, shoot, and then do one dry fire.
That helps you to see and control your flinch.
If not, do one round... 5 fry fires. one round...
That is how I corrected my lower left issues

Stoeger doesn't shoot 50k per year. He does dry fire, but not hours per day.

In his Beretta YouTube video, Ben said that he has shot several hundred thousand rounds out of his Beretta firearms in the past few years. The video is 5 years old, which brings it back to around 2010. He started shooting competitively around 2006 or there about, so I would guess initially that he was shooting more than 50k rounds per year. Maybe he has tailed off after developing his skills to the point where he doesn't need to shoot as much as he once did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue8_uN0OIVs

Back
Top Bottom