• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting long range in mass any spots?

Yea, it was definitely Hotel that I shot at. The 4 circles at the firing line were firing positions. They were covered with plywood when I was there.

Also, Golf went to 600 yards. I shot several high power rifle competitions on Golf.

your right.
also, ive never shot on golf, i was on golf Alpha, and it was with 203's. we could get lob them to near the back of the range were they had a ton of trash and wood in the way.
i didnt look over to Golf, so i dont know what it looks like.
CHARLIE and ALFA was a SAW range back in early 1990's, The ranges were short, but had a berm of about 40' tall.

its still the SAW, M240b and M60 range (as of 06'). we started a HUGE fire there in 2006 with tracers. it spread over to the delta and echo range area before it burned itself out

i didnt look over to Golf, so i dont know what it looks like.

Golf is a huge KD range, with firing lines at 200, 300, and 600 yards (maybe other distances as well), and butts underneath the targets. It is something like 50 positions wide. I believe Golf is at a high elevation relative to the area around it, so with the wide open nature of Golf and Golf Alpha next to it, the wind can really get going. I was shooting at a match on the 600 yard line one time, was hitting several 10s in a row, missed a wind shift and my next shot was a 7 directly at 3:00.

I miss being able to shoot at Devens.

To be honest... I've been on all the ranges down in South Post, Turner DZ used be littered with 75MM cases to mark out the trails in the wooded areas. The 75MM cases were artificial bee hives! Each one you went near had a bee's nest. [thinking]

The sniper training range at Devens (do not know if it has a name) goes to
+1,000 yards. I shot there several years ago for a training.

Golf is 600 yd KD range with pits, as is Golf-Alfa next to it. There is now a small 203 range that was put in to the left of it. Gulf is the range that you will occasionally see civilians shooting at, but as was mentioned above, access is restricted and highly selective. It's a nice range, well maintained by the units that use it (NH SARTS and the USMCR mostly).

Back
Top Bottom