Shooting in Westford Breaking News Now

wow.. Trav's uncle lives in Westford.. It has always seemed to be a quiet place i can't aford to live..

I can't comprehend how anyone could hurt their little girl (I know she was 17, but they are always your little girl). I guess I can't comprehend a lot of what goes on in the world anymore.

I just talked to the Roach Coach guy here, who's a Tyngsboro Sportsman's Club member. He said the shooter also belonged to TSG, and was a friend of his. Said he was out for a few drinks with him last week and there was nothing to indicate anything was wrong.

It's very sad and my heart goes out to the families. We all wish these losers would just take themselves out of the collective gene pool and leave everyone else alone. Sadly, I think we will see more of these as people become more desperate.

I just talked to the Roach Coach guy here, who's a Tyngsboro Sportsman's Club member. He said the shooter also belonged to TSG, and was a friend of his. Said he was out for a few drinks with him last week and there was nothing to indicate anything was wrong.

Crap, I was afraid this one would be a lawful owner.

What a horrific waste of the girl's life and the wounding of the mom. The dead maggot is nothing in my eyes.

The daughter went to school with my daughter and yes I'm always armed at home. Too bad it seems to be more necessary than ever.

Exactly. I could understand someone who decides that life isn't worth living. But why take others with you?

I think it is an extension of their existing cowardice. First comes the fear of some problem in life, followed by a sense of despair and hopelessness. Then, lacking the courage and strength to solve the problem, thoughts turn to suicide. But they fear the problems they will leave behind, and, because weak people are almost always obsessed with the thoughts of others, they fear the judgment and blame that will come, imagining their pathetic need for approval to continue despite death. Finally, weak and feckless, they do not have the will to kill themselves without digging a hole first. So they kill the people who need them, and then in the depth of their self-created despair they commit suicide. In sum, they find it easier to kill what they love and then die in self pity than to do the work of living for their families and themselves.

I don't think there's any coherent line of thought that leads someone to kill their child. To me, that's simply incomprehensible, no matter the circumstances or context.

Looks like folks in Westford need more education on the proper way to do this, if they must: suicide first, then ... nothing.

I don't think there's any coherent line of thought that leads someone to kill their child. To me, that's simply incomprehensible, no matter the circumstances or context.
Exactly!

Copycat from the one last week? IMNSHO people weak and unbalanced enough to do something like this can be pushed over the edge by something as simple as hearing about someone else doing the same thing.

What a horrific waste of the girl's life and the wounding of the mom. The dead maggot is nothing in my eyes.

What a POS. Kill yourself if you can`t handle life but to murder your daughter is incomprehensible. May you burn in hell if there is such a place.

Anyone that would kill their own child is, by definition, insane. As in totally 'round the bend freakin' crazy. What a terrible, terrible thing to do. You want to ask what was going through they BG's head and then you realize...nothing comprehensible to a sane human being. Mad dogs, etc.

Thats terrible. Tragic in so many ways. This world needs its smart, thoughtful and talented young people very badly. Its a shame. She could have gone on to do great things and from the sound of it, she would have. Makes me sick thinking of it.

Thats terrible. Tragic in so many ways. This world needs its smart, thoughtful and talented young people very badly. Its a shame. She could have gone on to do great things and from the sound of it, she would have. Makes me sick thinking of it.

Rumor has it she was recently accepted to several colleges for the fall semester, too. Such a waste.

Back
Top Bottom