Shooting Glasses

watchman

NES Member
Any clay shooters using Randolph Engineering's Ranger Edge glasses. Went to the factory store and I like these Edge G7 160 Cable for the way they fit and don't fall down my nose. Looking for opinions to see if they fog etc...

If your using Pilla's and have had Rangers would like to hear your thoughts on the difference's......Please no slagging of brands just looking for the why's and why nots

Thanks in advance

Any lenses will fog up on occasion. Glasses or goggle's doesn’t matter. Weather, temperature, humidity, how heavy you’re breathing, are all important factors. Randolph is supposed to be a quality brand. You can use some anti-fog wipes or whatever but even those suck most of the time.

Any clay shooters using Randolph Engineering's Ranger Edge glasses. Went to the factory store and I like these Edge G7 160 Cable for the way they fit and don't fall down my nose. Looking for opinions to see if they fog etc...

If your using Pilla's and have had Rangers would like to hear your thoughts on the difference's......Please no slagging of brands just looking for the why's and why nots

Thanks in advance
I have older Ranger LE iirc on model.
They are far more fog resistant than any others I have. They sit high and away from your face which really helps. If you wear a hat pulled down tight they will fog up some but not much.
My newer glasses are HyWyds and they are just as good.
Went with the Decot HyWyds
Only because they offer Rx lens

I use a mix of 40% Johnsons baby shampoo and the rest water shaken up in a small spray bottle for anti-fog. Spray it on, let it sit for a minute then wipe dry with a really soft cloth. I can go a whole range day in mid-summer with just one application.

I have Randolph Aviators and they are awesome! That being said I use wiley X glasses for shooting.

With clean lenses, apply dry hand soap (Ivory works best) on both sides of the lenses and wipe clean with a a cloth. The lenses will not fog for a period. I use this in winter when moving in and out in cold temps. It works on the bath room mirror as well.

Back
Top Bottom