Shooting Glasses for Skeet?

I'm looking for a recommendation on a pair of shooting glasses for Skeet, that sit higher on the face and don't block my view of the window in the high house, like the average pair of glasses do.

I'm no 'Chief-tuc-buck-a-way', but I can't afford a pair of the Pilla's or Randolphs' that cost as much as my gun.
[crying]
Does anyone have any experience with the following brands:
NYX
Ducks Unlimited
Radians

Any other suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks,
–A.

I second the above. I own a pair of:

http://shop.randolphusa.com/ranger-sporter-frame-p5653.aspx

They can take my prescription pretty well.

I know you mentioned the affordability part, but these glasses (or any Randolphs) will last a long time and are warrantied as such.

You can use them for skeet, pistol, rifle, whatever.....you can get a multitude of lens colors as well.

Well worth the money. You only get one set of eyes, might as well protect them!

Back before I needed prescription glasses, I wore Gargoyles.
I had a pair of sunglasses for general daily use, shooting, motorcycle and ATV riding etc., and a set with clear lenses for skeet shooting at night. The wrap around design was great for eliminating the blind spots in the corners.

GargoylesBulletProofDisplay.jpg

I use the Randolphs, and wouldn't you know, they are located right here in Randolph, MA.

You can walk into the factory, see everything, choose your frames, lenses, temple style and size.

It's worth it!

Randolph Engineering
26 Thomas Patten Drive
Randolph, MA 02368

If you really want to go cheap, these will do the trick:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-Pur...229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e1611fe5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beretta-Pur...297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4b13ad61

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know the Randolph's were a local company. That's kinda cool. Might just persuade me to dig a little deeper into the mad money fund and make a trip to try some on for size.

And thanks for the tip on the Beretta shields, those might be just the ticket for the short term.

I use the Randolphs, and wouldn't you know, they are located right here in Randolph, MA.

You can walk into the factory, see everything, choose your frames, lenses, temple style and size.

It's worth it!

Randolph Engineering
26 Thomas Patten Drive
Randolph, MA 02368

Randolph makes high quality glasses, I have a pair that takes prescription lenses.

Check out the classifieds, I have a pair Decot HyWyd's listed, though it was posted long ago.
pm me if interested.

Another vote for Decot Hy-Wyd (sportglasses.com). When I shot skeet competitively, I wore them in a light purple or slightly rose color, and so did everyone I knew. Makes the targets scream out against the sky.

Now I use prescription Oakleys. They work well too, but don't quite give the targets that extra little kick.

I use Rudy's for the range. I liked the multiple lenses for different light conditions on the TRAP field. Never shot skeet but imagine that light has the same effect on the targets.

Browning Claymaster shooting glasses. Come with different lenses and adjustable frames. Up and down and length. Not too expensive. Mid thirties to forty I think at Bass Pro.

Back
Top Bottom