• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooting gallery commercial

Last night, as I do every Wednesday night, was sitting down watching a television show that I enjoy very much on the Outdoor network; Shooting Gallery with Michael Bane. For those of you who have not seen it the show focuses mainly on competition, self defense, and training. Last night the show took place at Blackwater in North Carolina, one of the premier training facilities in the country. Now comes the odd part; at the first commercial break I see the face of Motel Williams. Guess what he was selling "The Barack Obama Memorial Presidential Coin Set"...limited quanities available. I was floored. Why would the Shooting Gallery, Micheal Bane, or the Outdoor Network be selling such an item. Frankly, I was a little offended. My only solace was knowing that I am sure what ever amount of money was spent to advertise during that time block generated $0.00 in sales.

at the first commercial break I see the face of Motel Williams.

So, what's he charge per night? [rofl]

Why would the Shooting Gallery, Micheal Bane, or the Outdoor Network be selling such an item.

Believe it or not, there are a LOT of gun owners out there who voted for Borat Insane Obomber. Remember, it's the OUTDOOR Network. Lots of liberal, hippie granola eaters "love" the outdoors, too. [rolleyes]

The Outdoor Channel, Michael Baine or Shooting Gallery DO NOT SELL THE ITEM. Outdoor Channel buys the show Shooting Gallery from Michael Baine and then aires it. In order to pay for the show The Outdoor Channel sells advertsing space to recoup their investment and make money. Even the Brady Anti Gun Group can buy advertising in the show if they want.

I know that The Shooting Gallery and Micheal Bane do not sell the advertising. My point is what I think an advertising basic would be...Hit your target demographic. Now I'm not sure but I would bet that the demographic watching this show was not the "Time for a change", liberal, antigun, tree hugging, vegitarian, hugs and kisses for every one group. I would think the people selling advertising would consider not pissing off their target demographic

Last night, as I do every Wednesday night, was sitting down watching a television show that I enjoy very much on the Outdoor network; Shooting Gallery with Michael Bane. For those of you who have not seen it the show focuses mainly on competition, self defense, and training. Last night the show took place at Blackwater in North Carolina, one of the premier training facilities in the country. Now comes the odd part; at the first commercial break I see the face of Motel Williams. Guess what he was selling "The Barack Obama Memorial Presidential Coin Set"...limited quanities available. I was floored. Why would the Shooting Gallery, Micheal Bane, or the Outdoor Network be selling such an item. Frankly, I was a little offended. My only solace was knowing that I am sure what ever amount of money was spent to advertise during that time block generated $0.00 in sales.

I would hve shut it off when they started talking about Blackwater, thus never making it to see the Obama coin set.....just me and my dislike for Blackwater.

Blackwater does the dirty jobs in Iraq that the US Government will not do themselves. Why do you think they are there??????

I would hve shut it off when they started talking about Blackwater, thus never making it to see the Obama coin set.....just me and my dislike for Blackwater.

See, there is an audience for Obama stuff, even in the shooting community [sad2]

There were an inordinate number of gun owners who voted for the Messiah. The facts were out there and still they voted against the 2nd Amendment and our right to own guns. He may not give guns his first priority due to the financial mess but his election sure gave the other antis more emphasis to do their evil deeds. I do not understand the reasoning that would allow a gun owner to vote that way.

Do these plates make good targets? Really large clay pigeons maybe, for those who aren't very accurate?

Back
Top Bottom